ZaZ tools VIRUS...why? help pls i cant download, install etc

Posted by al-ja 
ZaZ tools VIRUS...why? help pls i cant download, install etc
Date: September 13, 2007 07:50PM
Posted by: al-ja
So i had to reinstall windows and i installed the same protection software as i had before (except zone alarm) and i can't download ZaZ tools anymore since it has Trojan. I found a kit on my hard drive but when i tried installing it...trojan again.
What the hell?

thank you
ok never mind i ignored the virus and deleted it afterwards. It was in the "paths" file...but it seems i can download updates even if i deleted it.

sorry for bothering
by the way it was my first post i should have said hello...bad manners

so hello :) nice to meet you
Hi, welcome to the forums:)

IMO you should never, ever ignore a Trojan or any other kind of virus. You should contact ZaZ asking what to do, or maybe someone on the forum knows what to do, as I don't.
You can safely ignore the warning. It's a false positive. I bet you have Avast.
Take a look at the grandprixx.com/forum/ to read more about the subject.
Don't delete files at random as you'll bump into problems most likely.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
oh don't worry i'm very experienced with computers....just not so experienced with patches and stuff since i played the standard 2001 mode since like...when it came out and i just updated a while ago...

i saw threads about WGP and W300 seasons and after all the reading i done i still can't figure out what's up with them...GP4 Multiplayer? coz that would be like dreams come true and stuf.. I use to hold gp4 server and play with neighbours but they couldnt keep up with the AI cars so i cracked and gave up.

nice forum you have here
let me guess you using avast anti virus

its not a virus, its a problem with avast thinking the paths.exe its a virus when its not

if you tell avast to ignore the paths.exe file then you will have no problem updating :)
thanks guys...y i'm using avast...coz it and me have a history :p...and if i bump into problems later i will just extract the paths file again...or something :)

btw mclaren was just stripped of it's constructors points :p
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy