Frame Rate obsession

Posted by GLD 
Frame Rate obsession
Date: July 20, 2003 03:11PM
Posted by: GLD
Rite ok, i've got an integrated GeForce2 card, 1.8 athlon, 256 RAM.....i get an estimated frame rate of 60 (mirrors are off, everything else highest). anyway...its gives me expected rframes at 60....which i can gather is exceptional.

Personally tho....i just wack it down to 20 frames a second, and cnt tell the difference, plus it means i can put other settings up, and put bump maps on etc.

I just dont understand everyone wanting more, when 20 suffices, maybe its just me :)

Please click my sig!
Re: Frame Rate obsession
Date: July 20, 2003 03:12PM
Posted by: genesis
Which is why F1C is a breath of fresh air, you dont see any annoying PO or FPS figures ;-)

You honestly cant tel the difference between 60fps and 20? Thats's serious! :)

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: July 20, 2003 03:16PM
lol i dnt think it is, the game looks great and is equally playable, and yes i have 20/20 vision!!!!!

Please click my sig!
Date: July 20, 2003 03:30PM
Posted by: Ellis
I prefer 25-30, but i dont see the point in these freaks over at stuff like Quake 3 trying to get 90fps and other such crap cos it just aint worth it

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 20, 2003 08:26PM
Posted by: bazza
In first person shooters it's definately worth it. You should try playing them seriously against good players. The more frames the better.

Baz

Date: July 20, 2003 08:33PM
it gets to the point where more fps doesnt make a difference. Im not bothered what anyone says, if u run 90fps, and if u run 120fps, it aint gona make any difference :S

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 20, 2003 08:51PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
the human eye cant see over 40 i think

i can get my AmdK6 500mhz to 26 FPS with no sound and everything turned off in MSconfig, but its not worth it

Date: July 20, 2003 08:52PM
Maybe not from 90 to 120, but definately from say 60 to 90, and you did say "trying to get 90fps"

Baz

Date: July 20, 2003 08:56PM
thats ture, i did say trying to get 90, but in fps such as...Q3 for example, wudnt something like a higher res not be more halfull than an extra 30fps that you can not really see?

People who go running round Q3 foumrs shouting bout there 150fps rate are just showing off

Date: July 20, 2003 09:00PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

those games are easy to get Hi FPS with

with unreal tornament i could get someting like 40FPS on a 500MHZ machine! with decent graphics

Date: July 20, 2003 09:01PM
I think racing gmaes would be the hardest, given the MASSIVE draw distance

Date: July 20, 2003 10:36PM
Posted by: LarryM
FPS above 30 in GP4 is advisable. In theory 26fps is what the human eye can see (as in TV). However there is difference. Over 30 you can't notice it. If your setup gives you recommended fps of say 25, then in a race and/or in the rain your going to have problems. In GP4 this means things slow down, but not only that , you get a lag in reaction to controller movements because po goes so high the pc has to priortise. I have a set 37FPs and it only drops noticeably below that on the grid at the start of a rainy race.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: July 20, 2003 10:58PM
FPS above 30 in GP4 is advisable. In theory 26fps is what the human eye can see (as in TV).

TV is not 25 fps. Its 25 Integrated Frames per second, meaning the frames blend into each other, PCs do not do this, therefore TV gives the impression that its alot more

Date: July 21, 2003 12:55AM
Posted by: LarryM
Thanks. That it explains then.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: July 21, 2003 05:22AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
A mate of mine used to be one of the best Q2 players in britain, and he runs really high fps, but low resolution ('cos the opponents are easier to shoot' lol).

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 21, 2003 08:00AM
In theory 26fps is what the human eye can see (as in TV). However there is difference. Over 30 you can't notice it.

Go here to realise your error. lol

[amo.net]

Date: July 21, 2003 08:29AM
Posted by: Abstraction
i can't tell the difference from 90fps in q3 to 60fps.

Andrew. Australia.
Date: July 21, 2003 03:20PM
Wack it down to 20!!!!!

Please click my sig!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy