brake physics?

Posted by laurent 
brake physics?
Date: August 10, 2007 11:07PM
Posted by: laurent
Hi!

I realise GP4 is abit too easy under braking compared to real life cars.
This is why GP4 isn't a 100% simulation game upon me...

Is there a way to tweak the brake physics so they will be more realistic?
For exemple games like RF, GTR(2), GTL, GPL etc are MUCH more real!

I would really enjoy to be forced to be more precise with the braking pedal...!!;-)
Re: brake physics?
Date: August 11, 2007 12:19AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Sent.

Cheers :)
Date: August 11, 2007 08:15PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
jcaranti where can i find your physics file?

Date: August 11, 2007 08:18PM
Posted by: sammurai
in his mod :)))

Conroe 6600@3,6ghz@1.3v || Alphacool Entry Set 120 Rev. 2|| Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi/Ap || Gainward 7600GT@645/1660 |2GB TXDD2048M800HC4DC 4-4-4-8 | RAID 0 [2X Samsung 80GB] & WD 160GB JS [store] | DVD-RW LG | Altec Lansing VS4121 | Logitech Formula EX | RAIDMAX SAGITTA | Sirtec HPC-430-P12S
Date: August 11, 2007 08:19PM
i need it without the mod :) im sure it was uploaded somewhere. can someone send it me

Date: August 11, 2007 10:52PM
sammurai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> in his mod :))

Wrong !!.

Read the the first post and you will understand what Laurent is asking.
Date: August 12, 2007 12:05AM
@jcaranti

so where can i find it? ;)

Date: August 12, 2007 10:01AM
Posted by: Briere
laurent Wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I realise GP4 is abit too easy under braking
> compared to real life cars.

So you've already driven an F1 car ? :o
Date: August 12, 2007 12:45PM
No, I've never driven any formula car, I only do some karting competition.

I think it's the most logical way to think F1 cars are more difficult under braking than GP4 :-)
In GP4 you just smash the brake pedal to the limit, and than you will slowly take away the braking strength till you are at the apex. You must do this to make sure your car will turn in, without locking your front/rear tyres.

This seems to be realistic, but there is a little detail thats missing. When you do the same corner, but you don't take the brakes slowly away, you will be of course slower, but you will in no case crash. So for me, espeacially during races, there is no challenge at all as it's all too easy:-s

Just try this in ANY car without an ABS system. (not on the road plz :-))
you will realise that my point may be correct on this matter ;-)
Date: August 12, 2007 02:28PM
Guys, just in case you dont know Laurent. He is an outstanding driver has many race wins in different league championships obtaining league titles, also ultra quick hotlapper so i would give him a lot of credit the words he say.
Personlly i think he is the most complete driver ever for Gp4.

Cheers :)
Date: August 13, 2007 10:19PM
Posted by: Vizu
It should have something to do with your Steering and Braking sensitivity of your Wheel/controller. I have played rFactor and GP4. Whilst rFactor tries to emulate TV style driving and cornering (right out of the box), GP4 delivers what F1 drivers really say about Modern day F1 cars. For example the feel of the weight of that F1 car, the tremendous amounts of grip straight away. These things are very much there in GP4, but lacking in other Racing games. As far as Braking is concerned, with all due respect to your Karting knowledge and experience, iam assuming youre implying on the simultaneous application of braking and cornering in one go and lose the car. I don't understand her why you want to crash out intentionally lol. It's there too in GP4. I lost the control of my Ferrari at the end of the Hangar straight, but that was when i panned the car properties for more oversteer. If you want terrible snap of the rear end everytime, its not something favorable and its highly dangerous. Really, i must say, Formula One Engineering and Aerodynamics are such strong (Millions invested), that you will automatically have tons of grip even while manouevering (driver safety). The only time you feel losing the rear end is when you intentionally *tune* the car to get better laptimes and if you are a general die hard fan of oversteer. Try setting the car up for oversteer and push the Brake balance to the rear and enjoy Snapping..
Date: August 13, 2007 10:41PM
Vizu Wrote:
> I don't understand her why you want to crash out
> intentionally lol. It's there too in GP4.

1- Well for start you dont know what physics he uses.
2- Knowing him personally would understand the way he drives (he is my friend for over 2 years now. We did league racing together.)
3- He wanted some help and i provided that.
4- Very odd on you to think he wants to crash intentionally especially for all i mentioned in this post and before!!.

Sugestion: Understand better the problem.

Bye
Date: August 15, 2007 04:31PM
@ Vizu:

Your statement is 100% correct if the driver doesn't exceed the brake limits!
For exemple, Felipe Massa spun off when applying the brakes too much in Bahrein 2006. This has "nothing to do" with putting the brake balance more to the rear!!

1) In the case of locking a rear tyre, you will loose it because you don't control this tyre(s) anymore.

2) In case of your brake balance, you adapt it to change the weight distribution in your car under braking. this will cause your car to under/oversteer more under braking. It's not at all the same! In this case it's a fully controlled oversteer if you don't exagerate of course ;-)

The thing I needed is the 1st case ;-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2007 04:34PM by laurent.
Date: August 15, 2007 05:21PM
Posted by: Viper-F1.com
Bah, the only true way to enjoy braking is to drive a real F1 car. :0P Therefore, Grand Prix 5 must have the opportunity to drive for Crammond F1!!! LOL!!
Date: August 18, 2007 09:15AM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
Yeah, Geoff should be allowed to drive a real F1 car and use the telemetry data of the the teams. Spyker has nothing to lose so I think they would give a chance to drive a few laps of Silverstone. :) And seriously, it's also good testing for them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy