Hmm.. just one idea/question/request..

Posted by SilverBlaze 
Hmm.. just one idea/question/request..
Date: August 10, 2007 01:14PM
Posted by: SilverBlaze
Heya all..
I was just wondering.. could it be possible.. via gpxpatch or something.. to add this kind effect to tv-camera..

Surely you see those dark areas around the corners of the picture.. that's what I mean..
Cause we are able to add warm-or coldfilter.. could this be possible..?

And one request.. Could someone make me a picture.. with grey background.. and that kind of dark effect in the corners as in the picture.. I could use it in my future videos..

Hope you understand what I mean.
Thanks.

HD SUZUKA - MENU ADDONS - ONBOARD CAMERAS - VIDS
Re: Hmm.. just one idea/question/request..
Date: August 10, 2007 08:04PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Quick answers : yes it's possible and no I can't do it myself for you :) sorry.

Date: August 10, 2007 08:11PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
the dark areas are because of the fisheye effect on the camera,thats why you,ll also notice the sidepods of the car look more curved in than normal..i think the actual fisheye effect is impossible to make, but any sort of overlay filter is possible,ive made a few myself in the past,its pretty simple,you just make a semi transparent tga file with the desired effect,then use GPxCinfo in gpx patch to show it in game..
Date: August 10, 2007 08:41PM
Thanks for the info.
And could you Lee upload yours somewhere... Cause honestly I suck in painting.. otherwise I'd do them myself.. but I'm sure yours are better than what I can do.
Cheers.

Date: August 10, 2007 09:47PM
Posted by: Jolkins
Well for video - at Sony Vegas there's an effect which adds the same dark corners, I can't remember the name of effect, but it's really easy t use it :)
Date: August 11, 2007 04:53PM
Posted by: Briere
actually, that camera frame isn't in the TV safe area, so can't be seen on TV ;) Only when somebody captures it and can see the full frames, including what can't be seen on TV :)
Date: August 12, 2007 05:33PM
@Briere - ok
@Jolkins - Yep, but that doesn't help me if I have no idea were to find it..
@Lee1971 - If you don't have them anymore, could it be possible that you make one..? :]

As I said, I'd do one myself if I just had the required skills.
Anybody wants to have a go?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy