some help please......

Posted by nameless 
some help please......
Date: July 19, 2003 11:25AM
Posted by: nameless
i have recently been bored since my exams are over so i have been messing around with z-modeler, i have tried to reshape the original mclaren to a 1990 tyrell ( [uk.geocities.com] ) it is not great but im reasonably pleased with the front end, havent spent much time on the back so its a bit crap. anyway i am having trouble putting it in the game, it worked once before but now when i export it to car_mclaren_car1_lod0 or whatever the file is and create the new wad file, the game crashes to desktop on loading a race. what can i do?

in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, in practice, there is.
Re: some help please......
Date: July 19, 2003 11:49AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
I presume you haven't changed the wad between when it worked and stopped working.

I think that it'll crash if you don't put the bits back in order in z-moddler ( don't ask me why or what bits go where, I can't edit anything!).

You could try getting a default cars.wad and then using something like wad updater to ust put in the lods without extracting and then recompiling the wad etc. Then you can rule out any other problems.

P.S. I know the feeling about the exams! I've even got bored with the computer now and started reading books!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy