A encouraging step forward
Date: July 19, 2003 07:28AM
Posted by: Räikkönen
Right, I installed GP4 on my.....

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Processor: Intel(R) Celron(R) CPU 1.80 GHz
Memory: 254 MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0a
Graphics: Intel(R) 82845G/GL Graphics Controller (Intel(R) Extreme Graphics)

.....spec pc. I turned the sound hardware thingy off and started GP4. I changed all the graphics to what I think is best for my pc. I then exited the game and opened the f1graphics.cfg. I changed the first number from "0" to "1". I started GP4. I was amazed by the difference! I can now actually have a race! Ok, it still slows down when there's lots of cars in the picture, but even so, it's a big step forward.

I was just wondering if there's any other trick I can try to make it even better?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Bare in mind, Even though it's now much better, it still isn't good enough to call it me "main racing game," if u know what I mean.

----------------------
"To finish first, first, you have to start."
David Coulthard 2001

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: A encouraging step forward
Date: July 19, 2003 08:02AM
Posted by: Palomino
try Major Toms graphic file, its fantastic but also turn off hardware acceleration in the sound options in GP4.

[www.kraftwerk.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy