Radeon 9700pro + omega 26.40 = heaven

Posted by LarryM 
Re: Radeon 9700pro + omega 26.40 = heaven
Date: July 20, 2003 12:00PM
Posted by: chrislewis
If anybodys going to post improvements like this can you please post in off topic forum. Please.
Date: July 20, 2003 02:50PM
Posted by: LarryM
For heavan's sake Chris, where did you put that poker? This thread contains specific information on the effect of certain drivers on the performance on GP4.

This is of interest to GP4 players who have been in pain because of low fps and high po. I know, i used to be there and it was driving me nuts. This is the forum I come to for help. The name of the thread should tell you enough. If it doesn't interest you, don't read it. BTW you'll find much more OT threads here than this one.

Maybe you mean we should post such topics in the OT forum as well. Hav't got the time.

Post Edited (07-20-03 21:56)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: July 20, 2003 02:57PM
Posted by: genesis
Yeah cheers again Larry (Y)

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: July 20, 2003 03:10PM
Posted by: Ellis
hey guys. Im not saying these drivers are bad or anything, just didnt help GP4 in my case, but others sounded like it did, so by all means try them

Im running

1.2Ghz
256Mb RAM
GeForce 4 Ti 4200 (128Mb)
WinXP Pro

Note that this wont be the drivers fault because with GP4 default cars i easily get a very playable FPS on high settings even on older drivers, but with new cars installed the FPS shot downwards and was unplayable, with PO approx 200

Thing is, i get the choice of 2003 Ferrari, or default GP4 ferrari since there is no other 2003 ferrari other than ultra high poly, ultra hi texture and ultra higher computer killer one from viper :(

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 20, 2003 10:45PM
Posted by: LarryM
Yeah Ellis. I had a similar rig to yours and I updated radically to my present one BEFORE I bought GP4. The fuuny thing is the previous update to 1.2 ghz cpu happened after I had bought gp3 and found that it required huge cpu power.

The way the game runs for me now is just incredible. Even with my present rig I was having serious problems and you will find near suicidal threads from me somewhere here. Eventually I solved the problems which were partly to do with Bios (advanced chipset) settings. Also my mobo was defective. Now I am laughing...hysterically :) ;):);)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: July 21, 2003 02:26AM
Posted by: chrislewis
For heavan's sake Chris, where did you put that poker?

Hmm?

If it doesn't interest you, don't read it.

It did. Post wherever you like, I simply asked.
Date: July 21, 2003 05:14AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
But it was a bit unreasonable chris.

This sounds cool......oh and Dave, there's a good ferrari in the gpx.it 2003megapatch, i don't think its vipers, and I get very little hit on po, and I have a gf4 mx, so you should be ok with that.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 21, 2003 08:26AM
Posted by: Abstraction
GG its laggier with a lower FPS now :/ i'm running 30fps with no problems, down to 25, and its Laggy like a hole.

Andrew. Australia.
Date: July 21, 2003 10:24AM
thanx chris (qwerty :P), will have a look in a sec :D

Im running round the CART mod right now cos the fps is 30, and very playable

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 21, 2003 10:43AM
Posted by: marcl
Ellis u are running the graphics cars as me, do u get a slow down every 1.5 mins?
Date: July 21, 2003 12:14PM
Nope, but then again, i duno what i class as slow down, considering GP4 runs pathetic for my machine spec.

Recently i tried installing windows 98 and the system hung, and i had to reboot, and win98 had gotten rid of everything on my Hard Drives, and thanks to Glyn and Jon, i was able to recover most of t after a week of it.

Im thinking bout leaving just the one Hard Drive installed, removing the other two (so windows cant mess with it), and trying windows 98 again, so if it screws up, i have all my data still in-tact

I really should be getting better results that this, full stop, cos this really is terrible.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy