Weird GP4 problem.

Posted by HugeF1 
Weird GP4 problem.
Date: July 26, 2007 03:33PM
Posted by: HugeF1
Ok this is a little weird, and a bit hard to explain, so bear with me...
Basically, on most games the menu selections are controlled by the keyboard. GP4 seems to be controlled by the keyboard and my racing wheel. Driving is fine, but in the menus the white highlight moves uip all the time, as if I had pressed the up arrow and held it there. Is there any way of turning off this utterly useless feature? When I eventually get into the driving mode, everything is fine. No problem at all. Is there any way of solving this without resorting to just using the keyboard?
Re: Weird GP4 problem.
Date: July 26, 2007 03:56PM
Posted by: ralv585
accelerate is up, brake is down, turning the steering right and left adjuats the fuel, tryes etc

gear up is select

Date: July 26, 2007 05:27PM
Ok I thought I wasn't clear. I just confused myself reading my own post!
What I mean is, when the wheel is unplugged, or I'm using the keyboard, the highlighted selection stays where it is. If I have my wheel plugged in, it's like I have my foot on the accelerator, when I clearly haven't. If I don't calibrate the wheel, then there's no problem. If I do, then this problem occurs. There MUST be a way to switch this "feature" off surely?
Date: July 26, 2007 05:40PM
Posted by: Willb
Why wheel doesnt do that.

Have you checked the controls->Advanced options?

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: July 26, 2007 07:10PM
EDIT: Problem solved. There was an option in Workshop -> Utilities where you can diable the controller....
Amazing how hidden it is, and how no one on these forums knew about it. Maybe something to add to a help file?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2007 11:56AM by HugeF1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy