If you want a safety car...

Posted by tax dodger 
If you want a safety car...
Date: July 17, 2003 07:04AM
Posted by: tax dodger
Play Formula One 99 on PSone!!

this is the only game i can think of that had a safety car. it was a nice touch, but doing any more than one lap behind it got boring. the point of my post though is that i am not someone who has gone on and on about a safety car because i dont think it really added much to the game.

there was only one time where it made it interesting: i was winning a 20 lap race at the a1-ring with damon hill when the safety car came out on lap 18. i had built up a nice lead, and now it was lost. it made the last couple of laps really close, but considering how much a i played that game, i dont really have any other fond memories of the safety car enhancing the game

TAX DODGER ;)
Re: If you want a safety car...
Date: July 17, 2003 07:09AM
Posted by: tux
i smell spam ;)

Date: July 17, 2003 07:28AM
Posted by: marcl
An old indy car game has a safty car as well.

I do not remember the 99 f1 game on the ps1 having a saftey car.
Date: July 17, 2003 07:31AM
Posted by: Ellis
The 99 F1 game did have a SC, but it lookec crap, but it did have one!

Nascar racing ONE from Papy all those many years ago had a SC, and so did 2, 3, 4, NR2002 and NR2003. All those games had saftey cars

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 17, 2003 07:50AM
the whole 1999 game was rubbish, prob only played it twice.
Date: July 17, 2003 08:17AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

indycar racing man thats a classic game ever. im gonna get me an OLD pc run windows 3.11 and play it till it dies! :D

Date: July 17, 2003 08:29AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
ooooh!!! is it Indycar Racing???? i lurrrrrrrrrve that game!!!!!! :D:D:D

Post Edited (07-18-03 06:58)

Date: July 17, 2003 08:35AM
Yep that was the game :) it was good
Date: July 17, 2003 08:41AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

yes variante i luuuuuuuuuuuuve that game! hehe i think it was based on the 1991 season, as Paul Tracy wasnt driveing for Penske i think 1992 was his rookie year... or was it 1993 **** to many numbers in my head

Date: July 17, 2003 12:36PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Author: marcl
Date: 07-17-03 14:50

the whole 1999 game was rubbish, prob only played it twice

totally agree, i played f1 97 loads and 98 wasnt on the pc so i was looking forward to f199, eagerly loaded it up and watched the (very good) intro movie which had rendered sequences of all the action that happenened in 1999..

...then you got into the game itself and it was absolutey shiiiiiiiiiiite!

Date: July 17, 2003 12:50PM
Posted by: tux
LOL :D

Date: July 17, 2003 01:03PM
Posted by: Toby Burke
Wonder why none of the current F1 sims (not sure about EA's latest) don't have a AI safety car? Doesn't Bernd need some track time?...;)

While NASCAR's safety car/pace car is much more of an intergal part of their racing and a must for the NR series (always a full course yellow), it would be nice to see the FIA Safety Car come out when I put my car through the sand and tear it apart on the armco.

At least it would give me something to watch as the crane removes my heap...:)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy