Steering wheel trouble

Posted by Robbin Koolaard 
Steering wheel trouble
Date: May 30, 2007 09:11PM
Posted by: Robbin Koolaard
Guys, I have a trustmaster wheel, the Ferrari type, nearly 6 years... I downloaded setups, change these a bit to my liking but I loose to much time. Ex. 1st sector at Barcelona, I'm fastest, by one or two tenths. After that I loose 1.5 seconds between 1st en 2nd sector... that is way to much.
Other Ex. Hongaroring, I am 4th... For sure I'm doing something wrong. Is there a crack guy who can give some tips or tricks?
Re: Steering wheel trouble
Date: May 30, 2007 09:15PM
Posted by: Nickv
This is not a steering wheel related problem but a setup related problem. You should tweak the setup to make your lap faster.
Date: June 03, 2007 11:55AM
Posted by: Robbin Koolaard
You might be right, but I have to little time to change the setup bit by bit and test it bit by bit. If I can start on a Monday, it it's very much poosible that it will take another before I can drive again. Another, thing... I downloaded setups (I do not know how or where I got them, (F2005 setups it was called if I'm not mistaken), these are much better and without to much effort I ended up 18th in Canada. Cannot wait to see what a real lap on the edge will bring me... If this does not work, I need some help in setting up my car. I'll get back to u.
Date: June 03, 2007 12:10PM
Posted by: dentistTubster
It usually isnt a set up issue, rather, its probably your driving :)
I thought for ages that it was my set up that was wrong, until I read this book called Speed Secrets by Ross Bentley. I swear by it, and now I am at least a second per lap faster.
Before I downloaded new physics and performances files, and used the original stuff for the game, I was lapping everyone on ace at most tracks.
Date: June 03, 2007 01:39PM
Posted by: mortal
Have a look at the GP4FAQ, sticky topic, I think there is a guide/howto on setups ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy