lack of grip on 2007 mod

Posted by Gené and Tonic 
lack of grip on 2007 mod
Date: May 28, 2007 01:05PM
Posted by: Gené and Tonic
I have a problem of lack of rear end grip when driving in the 2007 mod.
I tested at Silverstone and Istanbul, with he setups provided in the mod and in almost every corner the rear end was stepping out, causing me to spin quite alot.
I can only assume this is down to the way I'm driving because the setups must be good.
Does anyone have any tips?
Re: lack of grip on 2007 mod
Date: May 28, 2007 01:06PM
Posted by: Nickv
Why wouldn't you give your car a bit more rear wing then?
Date: May 28, 2007 01:39PM
maybe, I just thought it may be down to my driving as the track setups should be good enough to stop things like that i guess?
Date: May 28, 2007 01:57PM
Posted by: Nickv
Everybody has a different driving style. The setup should be adapted to your driving style, not the other way round.
Date: May 28, 2007 02:02PM
Posted by: Sapo
Well, had about the same problems, in several corners, and for me it worked to brake a bit smoother (and a bit earlier, so i didn't have to hit the brakes as hard as i did before). It might slow you down, but basicly you'll might be faster in the end, as your car will drive better trough the corner (as the back don't steps out), which will allow you to get earlier on the throttle.

I had major problems with it in france, the long and fast turn after the start/finish up to the long straught. I drove in to agressivly, as fast as i could, and then hit the brakes, but then i lost the car completely.

The next time, i just let go off the throttle a but earlier, so later on i didn't have to brake so hard, and therefore, i could drive it a lot better.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: May 28, 2007 02:20PM
Well, I added to the rear wing and it did help, (I set the fastest time), although there was still a bit of slide there.
I found out when I was driving at Monaco a few days ago that braking smoothly and earlier is key, it appears to be the case for the other tracks as well.
Date: May 28, 2007 09:07PM
Posted by: costame
yeap, braking smooth and earlier is very important, however in this case there is too much difference between the ai and user cars' braking points. they brake a lot later.

and it is still quite hard at the turn before the long straight at the back side of sepang..
Date: May 28, 2007 09:13PM
Posted by: Robert
This is probably caused by the physics file the mod uses (located in data\patch in the 07 mod directory).
Try changing it to the one from marianodc's 2007 perf files. The lap times won't be realistic and
the engine sounds may be a bit out, but it should work ok and hopefully give you more grip, stopping the rear sliding.

hope that solves the problem :)
rob

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]
Date: May 28, 2007 09:51PM
Posted by: flexgrip
marianodc's 2007 perf files? I am going to try that. It is funny because I havent been on this forums in a couple weeks and I got on here to make this exact same post.

I have horrible oversteer. Even with massive rear wing. I think it has more to do with my controller because when I have a bunch of time on my hands I setup my Logitec wheel setup. but when im home for lunch or something I just want to put in some laps and use my xbox 360 wireless controller. The triggers on my 360 controller are on the same axis so I cant brake and gas at the same time. If I am full throttle and hit the brake the throttle just goes down. So in effect, when I let off the gas, the throttle decreases slowly then BAM the brakes go from zero to about 70% and then my back end passes the front. So it is almost impossible for me to brake smoothly. I have to slowly let off the throttle then start applying the brakes. I dont know, maybe that is what I should be doing anyway. But I know in real life they don't do it like that.

Does anyone know if there is a way to separate that axis?

Also, I dont have such bad oversteer in the 2006 mod. In the 2006 mod, if I drive like a white man, I can put some good times in. I can even smell a little but of opposite lock without spinning like crazy. In the 2007 mod I have to drive like a squid and put the other cars on amature.

Who has the best perf files in your opinions? Honestly, I like the GP4 stock perf files. This is such an awesome game.
Date: May 29, 2007 01:23PM
Posted by: razgriz
Oh lack of grip?
put wing on sidepods nose and wind tunnel im sure its gonna decrease its grip also put your frontwing set tp 11 an rearwing set to 78 (^^) also use "economy tires"commonly used on SC car so im 10000000% sure its gonna be okey? allrite then..
Date: May 29, 2007 02:19PM
Posted by: b-tone
> Also, I dont have such bad oversteer in the 2006
> mod.

> In the 2007 mod I have to drive like a
> squid and put the other cars on amature.

Which 07 mod? Our one is using the same physics in 06 and 07, so the differences shouldn't be that much.

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy