Some DTM pics for you lovely people

Posted by Ellis 
Re: Some DTM pics for you lovely people
Date: July 16, 2003 04:29PM
Posted by: sasjag
ignore now;)

Post Edited (07-17-03 00:26)

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: July 16, 2003 04:31PM
Posted by: go_go_alonso
Take a chill pill dude...

Post Edited (07-16-03 23:52)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Fernando Alonso - The only Spanian to win a Grand Prix.
Fernando Alonso - The Youngest Driver to win a Grand Prix.
Date: July 16, 2003 04:35PM
Posted by: go_go_alonso
I just thought these pics might give some inspiration to some of the designers out there :-)

Post Edited (07-16-03 23:55)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Fernando Alonso - The only Spanian to win a Grand Prix.
Fernando Alonso - The Youngest Driver to win a Grand Prix.
Date: July 16, 2003 04:45PM
cheers dude :)

Post Edited (07-17-03 00:27)

Sim

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: July 16, 2003 06:19PM
Posted by: Ellis
I know these pics are from F1C, and I dont want to cause any problems in this forum but as this is a DTM post, I thought you guys might like to see them.

Yes, and rendered in a much better program than mine were.

Also note i have been making textures for about.......3 months max? :S

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 16, 2003 07:22PM
Posted by: ZaZ
@Ellis
I've sent an email to your adress that is in your profile.
If you don't longer use that adress could you send me one then?

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: July 16, 2003 07:34PM
Hey Zaz, thanks for that, im on another co puter at the moment, my g'fs playing street legal on my PC, so im on hers (hers aint good enough to run games :P). Have stuck it on a disc and will shove it over later. will report back, thanks again!

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 17, 2003 02:42AM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
Damn Zaz that is a fantasic sig!!!

Date: July 17, 2003 04:57AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
yeah makes my brain go numb for about 5s and i lose concentration, its fab ;)

Date: July 17, 2003 05:24AM
Posted by: b-tone
ar me to.
i see elves, smurfs being strangles, two adam & eveish types sitting under a tree, more elves (with beards and pointy things),and

____
Tony

Date: July 17, 2003 06:04AM
Posted by: ZaZ
hehehe..
Next week version will be even better ;)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: July 17, 2003 06:57AM
Posted by: tax dodger
that other dtm mod does look good, but all those cars are the same model. has the designer made the audi and mercedes too?

TAX DODGER ;)
Date: July 17, 2003 07:35AM
that other dtm mod does look good, but all those cars are the same model. has the designer made the audi and mercedes too?

Not yet, but he will. It isnt GP4, its F1 200x, so kinda pointless comparing GP4 carsets from me whos been doing them a couple of months to people making them for a totally different game whos been doing them longer. Note those are in-game menu shots also

Date: July 17, 2003 08:00AM
Posted by: shutt1e
hey Ellis, why you don't implement real transparent glasses, they can be done with the z_cockpit_visor object, it 's used only on lod_0, so glasses can be visible only near to the car but you can design car interior also.

look at this my old pic.
[it.geocities.com]
or this
[it.geocities.com]
or these

[www.freeforumzone.it]

the effect is quite good.
until we found a workaround for transparent textures on carshape.
Date: July 17, 2003 08:54AM
Posted by: anze89
In most screenshots looks like that there is no window, but thats better than black windows.

Date: July 17, 2003 10:35AM
sure, there is no glasses at all due i've used the cockpit visor object,this object is visible only when lod_0 is used, on powerful pc's we can hack a bit the f1graphics.txt to have the lod_0 used a bit more.
from distances,however, you don't notice the glasses lack.
Date: July 17, 2003 12:12PM
hey Ellis, why you don't implement real transparent glasses, they can be done with the z_cockpit_visor object

Because it has bugs, big bugs. At a far distance the cockpit visor object does not exsist and the object becomes solid in the window instead of see through

Also because u might as well just leave a hole in the window, and we seen pictures of the Alfa Romeo mod which used this idea and altho the cars were greatly made, the windows looked terrible

Just a hole....which i had one of those :S

I perfer having windows in because the holes really do look stupid

Altho i think there cockpit shape is better, my cockpit windows are defiantly better as all they have is put in a hole, from the inside my cockpit shape is going to have tinited windows to give a real glass effect

Date: July 18, 2003 02:15AM
Altho i think there cockpit shape is better, my cockpit windows are defiantly better as all they have is put in a hole, from the inside my cockpit shape is going to have tinited windows to give a real glass effect

did you use the caelen's trick for the internal view windows? does this trick block rain droplets?
and for the external view windows, i like more having holes than having black or tinted surfaces, but i think to release it (when it's finished) with both solutions. users can choose what they like more.
Date: July 18, 2003 02:40AM
yeah but modeling interior will increase polys and hence decrease performance

will also mean i have more work to do :|

Sim

Date: July 18, 2003 08:17PM
did you use the caelen's trick for the internal view windows? does this trick block rain droplets?
and for the external view windows, i like more having holes than having black or tinted surfaces, but i think to release it (when it's finished) with both solutions. users can choose what they like more.

this idea does not drop rain dropplets, i dont think its possible for any object in GP4 to intersect rain dropplets. And yes, same idea as caelen, you can tinit the windows using this idea from the inside since there is only one LOD

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy