GP4 ills

Posted by Robert Maskiew 
GP4 ills
Date: May 03, 2007 08:21AM
Posted by: Robert Maskiew
GP4, from what I hear, sounds like a great sim. I have had mine for 4 years, and have not been able to race the bloody thing. Cannot get the controls working properly. Because of this, I spend most of my sim time with GPL, GTR, GTR2, NASCAR 2003, GTL. I spent about 20 billion dollars on my computor to get something "kick-A**", I am using a Momo force wheel with G25 pedals/shifter. When I thought I had everything mapped properly, only the steering will work properly. Wierd things would happen, such as engine would rev when activate the up-shift paddle. No response at all from my floor pedals, even though I can see them operate during the calibration process. After playing around with this for about 2 hours, the bloody program will not start up, it crashes my computor. My girl friend had to restrain me from taking a sledge hammer to my computor. Maybe I'll just uninstall the program again, and try again next year, like I have been doing in the past. I'll be dipped in dog s*** if I could ever figure this one out. Oh, and by the way, the official web site would not allow me to download the updates! I just was not destined to race this sim! If anyone has any ideas (I know SOME of you can race this sim, I think!), can you please help?
Re: GP4 ills
Date: May 03, 2007 09:28AM
Posted by: Viper-F1.com
One simple solution.

Keyboard controls!! :0P
Date: May 03, 2007 09:59AM
Posted by: Willb
Well what a story!

its true that grand prix 4 is a pain in the behind to set up with anything but a keyboard, I found that it works best with my ff wheel if in the wheel options (outside of the game) I set the pedals to be on separate axis. Also check that you have changed the controller type in the gp4 controls menu to "Wheel" and then save the profile in a "Not Used" slot. I hope this helps a bit Im sorry I cant be more help as I havnt used the wheel in question :).

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: May 03, 2007 08:01PM
Thanks, Gentlemen for the quick response. The keyboard option may be the only way. I have tried your advice in the past, and retried it once again just now, but this game only succeeds in getting me angrier by the minute (notice my restraint!!!). Life is too short, and it is a warm, beautiful day outside today. I will heat up the Disc and form it into the shape of an ashtray...but then, again, it will have a hole in the center. This Sim is even useless for that!!!

I give up.
Date: May 03, 2007 11:15PM
Posted by: mortal
What updates are you on about? All the updates are available right here, have you got the official patch, that does address some controller issues I think. Check the GP4FAQ (sticky topic) for more info, and there is currently another thread on the same wheel, perhaps you could get in touch with the thread starter there.
The 2006 mod & CSM & gpxpatch make the game very worthwhile, I'd also be looking for any forums that support your wheel as well, maybe there is some sort of profile available that can be loaded. If your wheel appears in windows controller and all is good it should show up in-game, but you must use the method as outlined by Willb, in fact that has to be done pretty much with all wheels. Alternatively, perhaps a friend has a wheel you could borrow, test your setup that way. Or try the sim with the momo pedal set and see how that goes, use the shifter paddles on the wheel instead. I wouldn't be giving up so soon m8 ;-)
mortal

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 06, 2007 11:22PM
Well, I took your advice and didn't give up. I uninstalled/reinstalled gp4, and using just the momo force wheel & pedals. I finally had a chance to drive! :) Just waiting to update using the 9.6 patch from the Download section, as I get no satisfaction from the Official website. What a crock that is. Funny though, I mapped the clutch to one of my steering wheel buttons, but no effect.

The reason why I originally needed to use 2 separate controllers, is that I have a custom-built arcade-style cockpit, and it is a major chore to swap pedal sets. I think I'll first get comfortable with the sim, before I start thinking about mixing the two together again.

Thank you all very much for the assistance and promptness of response.

Robert.
Date: May 07, 2007 01:50PM
Posted by: mortal
Pleased to hear you got it up and running :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy