Recomended Downloads?

Posted by bestobritish 
Recomended Downloads?
Date: March 20, 2007 07:34PM
Posted by: bestobritish
Right at the weekend I downloaded the 2006 mod and 2005 track pack only to find that my PC cant handle it unless I make the graphics really poor. My pc is an Athlon 1.33ghz, has 256mb of ram and I have a rubbish NVidia MX/MX400 graphics card, this gives me PO of just over 300! So what kind of PC do I need to run these mods at a reasonable level.

Also what add ons would you recomend that I download to make the game better without increasing the PO?

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Recomended Downloads?
Date: March 20, 2007 08:07PM
Posted by: b-tone
Delete the f1gstate.sav and f1graphcs.cfg from Data\Files in the 2006 mod. And use Low res textures. That should be pretty similar to the default game. Also close any other programs

____
Tony

Date: March 20, 2007 09:31PM
cool thanks il give it a go :)

Date: March 20, 2007 10:21PM
Posted by: SexySam182
Tell me if it works please, I run a similar spec laptop and was very frustrated that the 2006 mod didnt work on it!

Date: March 20, 2007 10:38PM
it kind of works. Ive had to put all the graphics options and resolutions down to low, and deleated the 2 files but the frame rate is still poor and makes playing it pretty difficult TBH. I think im just going to have to save up for a higher spec computer, and whilst doing that, stay in 2001!

Cheers for the help anyway.

Date: March 20, 2007 10:41PM
Posted by: SexySam182
Ok thanks, wont got to the bother of downloading everything again lol. Ill have to do that same as you ;)

Date: March 20, 2007 10:59PM
can u play GP4 over the net? I might try and start playin GP4 online now I found someone with standard GP4 (if im right lol)

Date: March 21, 2007 09:12AM
Posted by: Robert
you can play over a superfast lan connection but it will still run veeeeeery slow on a computer like that
so it probably wouldn't work well
hope thats helpfull :)

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy