Mega Pack Installation tips

Posted by aLeXz 
Mega Pack Installation tips
Date: February 25, 2007 10:00PM
Posted by: aLeXz
Hi all,

this is my first post to your wonderfull forum! The reason of my post though is that even though i try to install MP2005 its is impossible yo make CSM work, and with gp4tweaker_v1045_reloaded i cannot seem to patch te gp4.exe, i always get an error. Im running Windows Xp 64bit, and i've got good specs as far as my pc is concerned.

Can anyone be kind enough and reveal to me a step by step guide of how to make it work, i just want to play this game with the updates because its my favourite since 2002, the last true f1 sim!!!!!

Thnx in advance :)

aLeXz
Re: Mega Pack Installation tips
Date: February 26, 2007 12:45AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Use the Search Button, also this thread is sticky so you should have seen it right when you entered the GP4 forum.

Bye
Date: February 26, 2007 09:32AM
Well jcaranti i've seen this thread but the information available is huge. And some stuff is quite old. I dont know which method to use....honestly! Any Help???

Best Regards :)

aLeXz
Date: February 26, 2007 09:37AM
Posted by: b-tone
Welcome :)

For CSM troubles you can try the CSM forum at [www.grandprixx.com]
If its the MP causing problem try asking at www.gp4italia.org

And for tweaker can you post the error message here?

____
Tony

Date: February 26, 2007 10:35AM
Yes sure!

thats the error i get when i try to patch gp4.exe with tweaker patch!

what do you think??
Date: February 26, 2007 10:39AM
Have you installed GPxPatch 3.91? And the official 9.6 patch? and decrypted gp4.exe?
The program can't find your gp4.exe so either you haven't configured it properly, or you haven't got the right exe - the decrypted 9.6 version.

____
Tony

Date: February 26, 2007 10:50AM
Im all confused now...the decrypted 9.6 version is that? "gp4exe102.zip" isn't it?
Date: February 26, 2007 10:53AM
Install the official 9.6 patch first and then replace the gp4.exe with the encrypted 1.02 exe, which I guess is that one you have.

____
Tony

Date: February 26, 2007 10:59AM
Well that's what i have already done.... :(((
Date: February 26, 2007 11:11AM
What about GPxPatch? You can get it here: [www.xs4all.nl]
What happens with CSM? Is there an error message?

____
Tony

Date: February 26, 2007 11:42AM
I have installed GPxPatch 3.91 and there seems to be no problem with it. CSM does not work "!£$%"%^^%£&%$"£%$£"%"£
the procedure i follow

1) double click on CSM 1.25 Install.exe and install
2) Then double click on MP2005.cuh wich is the final mega patch mod for 2005
3) when i do that it says select GP4 location
4) i click ok and the select C:\Program Files (x86)\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4
5) then it says "do you want to use the default location for your carsets?" and of course i say no and make a new folder (carsets) inside gpsaves in (C:\Program Files (x86)\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4 directory
6) then it says..."You dont have recovery files in case anything goes wrong. Do you want to make them now?....and i select Yes
7)
so thats what i get and of course when i select ok it crashes to desktop :(:(:(
Date: February 26, 2007 11:44AM
You have an old CSM :) Download 'ZaZ Tools' from here: [www.gp4db.com]
That includes the latest CSM, and once you have it installed run the updater to get the latest updates.

Where did you download that CSM from?

____
Tony

Date: February 26, 2007 11:53AM
it crashes :( doesnt install..... :(
Date: February 26, 2007 11:56AM
maybe windows 64 is not a good idea for this game :(, but they are rock stable :(
Date: February 26, 2007 12:01PM
Zaz Tools crashes during installation? What error message?
I think windows 64 is ok with gp4

____
Tony

Date: February 26, 2007 12:06PM
Well with compatibility mode i am able to install zaz tools. Its updates ok and then asks for the gp4.exe location, so i give it to it the it says "Do you want to use the default folder for mods" and i say ok, but then it promts again for the GP4 executable....and again ang again....strange thing, im telling you....
Date: February 26, 2007 12:09PM
Is it the right exe? It should be 6128kb as seen in windows explorer.

____
Tony

Date: February 26, 2007 12:17PM
its the one you said before gp4.exe and when i go to its properties it says 6,275,072 bytes.

but im guessing it is smth to do with paths. when i finally try to close ZAZ tools thats the error

because in winXP 64 its not C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4 its C:\Program Files (x86)\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4..... thats why i suspect i cannot make it work because by default all the apps are seeking the first version the "plain program files...
Date: February 27, 2007 12:04AM
well i think im gonna install the 32 bit versin of win XP, in another partition just for this game....
Date: March 02, 2007 05:01PM
Posted by: lardybloater
there is no need just copy your infogrames folder from (x86) program files to to program files without the x86 in the title then look for the exe again and voila - i had the same problem a year ago
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy