need someone to map a car i made,

Posted by elpasho2005f1 
need someone to map a car i made,
Date: February 20, 2007 11:39PM
Posted by: elpasho2005f1
Hi there, I'm an amateur at making cars and I had a go to make a possible 2008 car, It was based on a pic a friend passed to me and I thought of doing a little mod for myself, I used some pics from Raulongo and made this,

There will be updates and this is my first try. If anyone is willing to mapp this car, please PM me asap. I have study later next week and would like this car to be done.

Thanks

Pasha
Re: need someone to map a car i made,
Date: February 20, 2007 11:53PM
Posted by: Sapo
Try to smoothen it a bit, it has sharp edges now al over the place, actually, it does look more like a GP3 shape now, but with some improvements, it could be a nice shape, for example give it some more details like winglets and other little aerodynamics.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: February 21, 2007 12:32AM
hi, thank you for the info, i will later update the shape after the mapping is done,
Date: February 21, 2007 01:11AM
Posted by: danny87
surely you want to finish the shape before mapping it

-----------------------------------------------

"When you begin in this sport you are given a chequebook. Every time you have a big one you must write a check to the angels. The trick is to finish your career before you empty the chequebook".
Date: February 21, 2007 08:42AM
I haven't got time at the moment, I can send it to someone so they can finish it off.
Date: February 21, 2007 08:54AM
Posted by: MDBSnake
well finishing off this car... is almost remaking it :o it's a pretty good first try but it isn't smooth, all kinda sharp edges, messed up normals
This car isn't worth mapping yet, i'm sorry to dissappoint you

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: February 21, 2007 04:56PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
The sad thing is, most cars that are released have messed up normals :( I don't know anything about modelling, but is it really that hard to do normals? :(

H E L L O
Date: February 21, 2007 05:19PM
Posted by: _Erix_
Listen to their advise Pasha. Mapping is applied on top of the model. So mapping a car before you're done modeling is nothing but a waste of time.

It is hard to get the normals right, especially with ZModeler...

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: February 21, 2007 05:37PM
got it, thanks for the info, I no it'll help me because it comes from pro's at this job, I'll try my best 2 improve these cars, I would like to know how to get rid of the sharp objects and make them smoother. it's just I have no time and would like to see this finished some time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2007 05:40PM by elpasho2005f1.
Date: February 25, 2007 12:56AM

here are some updates to the car, many more changes will be done e.g. nose cone and soften the sidepods,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy