Posted by ViperF1 
Re: RH comes alive.
Date: July 13, 2003 12:10PM
Posted by: Stan
no b-tone he acyualy worked with the producers

Date: July 13, 2003 12:27PM
Posted by: b-tone
thats what i mean. the textures you buy with the game are his?

____
Tony

Date: July 13, 2003 01:32PM
Posted by: Stan
Date: July 13, 2003 07:29PM
Posted by: variante_ascari
oh guys...really hope all of you stop this nonsense about RH being selfish, RH is alive, don't miss him, possesive of his cars or whatever
it's very unfair and bad for the community to critisice a person who've once contributed alot to the GPx community, someone who you all once call him a 'God' in making cars for GPx, someone who've once...*no heart can't continue*
well, if he chooses to leave the GPx community and go for EA, let him, that's his business, does it bother you? is it hard to say thanks for what he've been doing for us all these years, rather than condemning him?

Date: July 13, 2003 07:31PM
and one more thing
i DO missed him and his "no you can't use my stuff crap"

Date: July 13, 2003 07:34PM
about this sentence : his "no you can't use my stuff crap"
who says so? remember Wai's MP4/17D? he edited RH's original MP4/17 texture to make them a MP4/17D texture. reason he can do such thing? permission! now...is it hard to ask someone's permission if you wanna edit/use/etc his work? if Wai can, why can't you? (you're not doing anything for the GPx community afterall)

Date: July 13, 2003 08:31PM
Posted by: WallyTP
Hey you the dude upstairs Variante whatever. Tell me, is it sweet or salty? Yeah RH a$$.
Date: July 13, 2003 09:05PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

WallyTP

dont be an idiot

Variante: I agree with you, its not HARD to ask permission, on every car that I have published (ok 2 cars) one for Gp2 and one for GP4, i have used something made by someone, i have ALWAYS asked persmission if i can release my product with there carshape. (i included a carshape in my GP2 zip file) and not suprisingly, when i asked for permission they quite happily let me use the products they created.

Its just common courtisy people! ASK! takes about 5 mins to write the email (if ure slow) and then a day of waiting for a reply.

Date: July 13, 2003 09:14PM
Posted by: Abstraction
What happerns when someone takes RH's car as a base, changes almost every single aspect of it and then release it as his own name, Who would realise that hes using rh's cars and also, who would give a **** other then rh?

Andrew. Australia.
Date: July 14, 2003 03:49AM
Posted by: sasjag
quite often tho ppl asked him and they he sed no (Chunter and Ellis i believe are good examples)

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: July 14, 2003 03:55AM
Posted by: Räikkönen
That Williams is too good, man!

----------------------
"To finish first, first, you have to start."
David Coulthard 2001

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: July 14, 2003 04:04AM
funny that, i got his permission, so does Wai :S

Date: July 14, 2003 04:07AM
Posted by: b-tone
Ralphs GPx stuff was great, but no more.
Fair enough about protecting his work, and his involvement in car painting seems to have led to better things for himself atleast.
But lets remember that we still have some great artists working on gp4. Bojan and Viper's works are to my eyes, on a par with those of RH.
Maybe if someone studied the details in zmodler they'd spot differences, but 'on the track' I'm happy with what Ive got.

So keep up the good work, and please don't desert us :)

____
Tony

Date: July 14, 2003 09:21AM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
Author: Palomino
Date: 07-13-03 18:21

who is Ralph Hummerich, i mean has anyone ever met him? what does he look like? is he married? where does he live? where does he work? is he human?

---------------------

i've made an interview to him some time ago.. it's at my site.. but it's currently down :(

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: July 14, 2003 06:25PM
Posted by: Ellis
quite often tho ppl asked him and they he sed no (Chunter and Ellis i believe are good examples)

Thank you sasjag, you are correct. Ralph Hummerich denied me permission to use his Jagaur textures for GP4 on a modifed shape.

Fair enough, this is up to him, it is his property and he can give permission to who he wishes

But i thought the point in GPx mods was to make it better for everyone to play, not a competition that must be won at all costs.

Fair enough, if he doesnt want to give permission then thats up to him, but i agree with Chunter 100% because i have been on the reciving end

Like i said, up to him, just disappoiting.

And has anyone missed him? Well his cars are great, no doubt about it, but we have people producing cars just as great, if not greater IMO. Naminly the likes of Wai, Bojan, Viper, Ghostrider and everyone else who has produced such cars.

Just my view

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 14, 2003 06:50PM
Posted by: Fieroboy
Could someone clear this up for me? Dave Noonan who made trk converters for the Nascar and GPL series charged a fee to get his full version, how is someone able to profit directly or indirectly without retrobution from Papy? (in this case) If someone makes a mod off the original sim isn't HE also stealing??? unless you create you're own code I think calling it your own property is stretching it.
Date: July 14, 2003 06:57PM
Could someone clear this up for me? Dave Noonan who made trk converters for the Nascar and GPL series charged a fee to get his full version, how is someone able to profit directly or indirectly without retrobution from Papy? (in this case)

I think this works becasue he is not directly giving people tracks. He is selling them a tool to do it.As long as a price isnt charged for the track itself it is fine (I THINK)

If someone makes a mod off the original sim isn't HE also stealing??? unless you create you're own code I think calling it your own property is stretching it.

If it is free that is ok, its when u start charing for the items u have created that problems begin, because they u need all sorts of legal crap such as license's. If you dont charge, licenses are not needed

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 14, 2003 07:17PM
Posted by: tux
hey, stop flaming ralf. hes a good guy and he def is human (or a very good chat bot ;)) he spent about 4 months making the f1c cars and imho there great (he also had very script rules on how they were ment to look :-o)

Date: July 14, 2003 07:34PM
im not flaming RH, and im not discussing his F1C cars cos they are as close to perfect as EA would allow them to do, im talking bout previous work cos me and Chunter asked for permission to use Jaguar textures and RH would of course get credit and he denied

This doesnt take away how well down his textures are, just the point in mods is to make it better for the people to play

Date: July 14, 2003 08:19PM
Posted by: tux
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy