A little help please

Posted by airefresco 
A little help please
Date: December 12, 2006 12:13AM
Posted by: airefresco
I can load the game fine and it runs perfect, but if I load a car setup or change the orignal setup, when I return to the cockpit the game crashes at the very end of the loading bar. It has only started doing it since I re-installed the game.

The log file is huge, much longer than i've seen before and If I try and paste it, it crashes Mozilla. I can upload somewhere if that would help.

Does anybody what maybe casuing my problem?

Thanks,
paul..
Re: A little help please
Date: December 12, 2006 09:51AM
Ok heres the log file, means nothing to me but maybe somebody will understand it

thanks,

paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2009 09:29AM by airefresco.
Date: December 12, 2006 12:19PM
Posted by: chet
When you reinstalled did you use the setups you had with the old installation? and yeah thats huge!!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: December 12, 2006 01:39PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@airefresco:
You might post your huge log (or link to it) on my forum, which is the new place where SDI answers GPxpatch log troubles. I do believe SDI will know what's wrong.

Date: December 12, 2006 03:27PM
@chet
Yes and no, I tried it with an old setup I had from my previous installation, and a setup I have from Assens which I saved on Saturday with the new installation. Thinking about it, It must have been working Ok on Saturday because I saved the setup file. The log posted is from that setup I think.

@Lo2K
I shall do that now

thanks
paul..
Date: December 13, 2006 09:35PM
After a bit of investigating, you can ignor my first post. I was wrong before it only crashes at Assens, and I don't even need to change anything on the car setup. I just have select car setup from the cockpit then click to return to cockpit, when the loading bar is almost complete, the game crashes and I get that huge log file. Driving straight away without selecting car setup works fine.

thanks,
paul..
Date: December 13, 2006 09:53PM
Posted by: Robert
it looks like the problem is something to do with the track, or maybe the anim.wad
But I haven't read the whole things so I can't be sure.
Date: December 13, 2006 09:59PM
I was thinking the same at first but why would going into the setup menu change anything with the track?
Date: December 14, 2006 08:46AM
Posted by: Robert
gpxpatch debug mode stops gp4 crashing so much, so it may have been able to stop it crashing the first time but probrably not after going to the setup menu. THat's just a guess though, but SDI might know why :)

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2006 08:47AM by Robert.
Date: December 14, 2006 09:33PM
Interesting. So in theory if I turn debugging mode off, it should crash straight away? I'll try that, Thanks.

paul..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy