Big 2006 mod problems possibly caused by 2005 mod

Posted by doubledown1138 
Big 2006 mod problems possibly caused by 2005 mod
Date: November 15, 2006 12:26AM
Posted by: doubledown1138
Hi all. I appreciate any help in this matter.

I recently installed the Final Version of the 2005 mod, with the trackpack and everything. I really like it, but prefer the 2006 mod. However, the 2005 mod install seems to have messed up my 2006 game big time.

So I uninstalled CSM and the 2005 mod (deleted the directory) and then reinstalled CSM from scratch. I then proceeded to reinstall CSM and the 2006 mod. However, all the problem remain, even though the 2005 mod is no longer on my machine.

Here are a few examples

- The 2006 main menu music is gone and is replaced with the car sounds from the 2005 mod.

- 11 teams no longer run in the 2006 mod. When the race starts, the two Super Aguris are listed as OUT from the start.

- The 2005 tracks are still showing up when I launch TSM. I just want to race the 2006 cars on the original GP4 tracks.

- My car is running out of fuel with no warning on lap 7 of races, even though I start the race with about 17 laps worth.

- CSM is now crashing on a regular basis. It never did this before. I can post the error log if needed.

- When I load the 2006 mod, all the old GP4 driver names are appearing on the main menu. For example, I loaded the game with Rosberg as my default driver, but Olivier Panis name shows up on the main menu.

There are a bunch of other small problems that never existed before too that I can't remember right now but I'll post them if they occur to me again. I had the 2006 mod running perfectly before I installed 2005.

I have updated CSM and my GPX is fully up to date too.

Can anyone figure out how I can get my 2006 mod back to the way it was before I installed the 2005 mod?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Big 2006 mod problems possibly caused by 2005 mod
Date: November 26, 2006 10:40PM
Posted by: motay
uninstall the game, then install the 2006 mod :D
Date: November 26, 2006 11:16PM
Posted by: Ruboy
Hi mate :)

> However, the
> 2005 mod install seems to have messed up my 2006
> game big time.

Update CSM again. A new version is available since a few days.
CSM didn't restore the 2005 mod correctly - that's why other files have been mixed up - but this is fixed now. You should nevertheless make a fresh install.

> - The 2005 tracks are still showing up when I
> launch TSM. I just want to race the 2006 cars on
> the original GP4 tracks.

Do NOT select any track track prfile to be attached to the mod. You can set it in the mods configurables somewhere at the right bottom.

> - 11 teams no longer run in the 2006 mod. When the
> race starts, the two Super Aguris are listed as
> OUT from the start.

Open the gp4tweaker.ini in GPSAVES/carsets/2006mod_v0.1publicbeta/Data/Tweaker in your GP4 folder and change following line from 1 to 0.

CarsEnabler = 0 ; set to 1 to enable car enabler tweak // forgotten?

Date: November 29, 2006 08:58PM
Posted by: M.Guenette
The 2005MOD is one screwed up mod!! And the support is almost non exsistant.I install GP4 on my brand new PC,patched it then proceded to install GPXPatch,CSM,2005mod and 2005 TrackPack and had loads of graphical glitches,CTDT and problems.Very angry with this Mod.How in the Hell did this mod ever make it to "Final" status? The maker/s need to spend some time tring to figure out whats wrong and FIX IT!!
Date: November 29, 2006 09:52PM
Posted by: ZaZ
shut up and eat poo

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: November 29, 2006 09:55PM
Posted by: Nickv
Agreed.
Date: November 29, 2006 10:05PM
Posted by: rosberg91
have you paeid something for this mod ? I think no, a big thank to Zaz and above all Tony for this fantastic mod .
Date: November 29, 2006 10:10PM
Posted by: ZaZ
Sorry but respect comes both ways. There's nothing wrong with the mod. CSM is still beta and i'm still experimenting with certain things. The reason why CSM failed to restore the 2005 mod in some situations was due to the default directory name of the mod. The default dir name was something like "2005 Final mod version(2)" or something.
Anyway, CSM stored the last mod in an ini, and the globalvar system thought the (2) was a user variable and resolved it into an empty string because it wasn't declared.
So it tried to restore "2005 Final mod version" instead of "2005 Final mod version(2)"

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: November 29, 2006 10:46PM
Posted by: Ruboy
Yep, the 2005 mod runs perfectly fine.

@M.Guenette:

Please think before posting such disrespectful nonsens. If there are really grave problems then you did something wrong or your computer did.

There was small problem with restoring some days ago (as ZaZ said) but it has been fixed. just update CSM and all problems should be solved.

Oh dear. This thread seems to have turned a bit sour. I just want to point out that I started this thread in an attempt to resolve some problems I was having with the 2005 mod and I felt other people were having too. They all seem to be fixed now and I just want to take this opportunity to thank Zaz and everyone else in the GP4 modding community who have put together these fantastic mods over the years and have allowed us to "participate" in the best damn sport in the world. It's a shame that no modern F1 games are being released onto the PC market as a result of Sony's license agreement, but all you guys out there who are giving up your time to make these mods possible are doing an awesome job - so thanks again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy