will someone make a quide?

Posted by reppana 
will someone make a quide?
Date: October 06, 2006 04:16PM
Posted by: reppana
If there doesnt exist some good GP4 car creating tutorial, will someone make it?

I think that there is many peopple who would like to model a car, but don't have idea how to get it in game.

Personally I have some modeling skills but I don't have a clue how to make them work in game. How should i name them and how to get damage included. So i mean making car from nothing (no using original as base) is pretty hard.

Will someone sacrifice his time and do some simpple quide with pictures included and also explain car making in step by step. That would be useful for many of us.

Sorry and thanks :P
Re: will someone make a quide?
Date: October 06, 2006 04:25PM
Posted by: Paco
[www4.uji.es]

I'm against sigpics
Date: October 06, 2006 04:34PM
Paco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www4.uji.es]
> ar/

Hmm... i knew that already.

It tells about modifying some ready car not making a new from nothing.
Date: October 06, 2006 04:41PM
Posted by: Senna
Believe me, the best way to create a car is starting from an existing car... you can use an original GP4 car to start with. Theres an Tutorial by Vicente Martí about it but I cant find it anywhere :P

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: October 06, 2006 04:46PM
Posted by: kizz360
senna paco already posted that, and i dont think using an original car helps apart from finding out the size the car needs to be.

reppana if you want i can help you over msn or somthing if you like?

Date: October 06, 2006 04:57PM
kizz360 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> reppana if you want i can help you over msn or
> somthing if you like?

Thats very kind, but I would like to try by myself. Suspension is the only part that seems so difficult to modelling.

Editing some original car is maybe somethin i need to do, but i have to change everythin if i do some "normal" racecar.

Here is something i like to see in GP4 [www.legends-cars.com]
Date: October 06, 2006 05:04PM
Posted by: kizz360
well if you wana do a car like that then you done need to model suspension :)

a way i find quite effective is to create a cylinder in zmod, then change the number of sections so you can change the detail of the suspension and then start scaling and moving the sections.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy