Jungle track (link on the first post)

Posted by viking75 
Jungle track (link on the first post)
Date: January 18, 2022 02:27PM
Posted by: viking75
Hello everybody

[www.mediafire.com]

The track on video : [www.mediafire.com]

Here's a very fantasy track called Jungle track. The pyramids mean we are somewhere in Peru, many centuries ago.

You'll find the read me on the pack. Here's the text :

Jungle track is largely based on the QRing track by ASWinner. So, my first thank goes to him. Indeed, the DAT file is entirely by him. Thanks again, ASWinner, for the permission you gave me and for this beautiful original QRing !!!

Other thanks :

- Lo2k for GP4 Builder
- Meteoro and Turbo Lover for encouraging me unwittingly with their great works of tracks or/and mods. Thanks to all the community and its moderators without them GP4 maybe should still exists.
- Google translation

------------

Copyright :

To use the dat, please ask for the permission to ASWinner. For the objects you can use what you want without my permission. You can too modify the track if you want.

I still wrote on the forum that it's better to take our time to do a good circuit than to do a lot of circuits in a short time. I created Macau, Manhattan, New York in a few weeks, but now I'm not very relevant, serious, cause I create too many tracks in a few time, this is the reason why the quality is not the same.

----------

My favorite original track :

- Monaco
- Montréal
- Melbourne

My favorite community tracks :

- Kyalami
- Österreichring
- Nordschleife
- Surfers Paradise
- Iguazu
etc...

My favorite mods :

- Mono Bac (Meteoro)
- Lola (old one, 1960 ?, Meteoro)
- Star Wars (Dave)
- Old mods from 1925 to 1946 (Livejackass)

----------

Other works (only tracks with DAT by many authors found on Grand Prix 4 Download Database section and never used (FOR THE MAJORITY, not all) :

- Fontainebleau (my first one)
- Macau
- Luxor (not really finished)*
- Manhattan (I know the pit entrance is catastrophic but the author of the dat made a really very good work)
- Sydney Motorsport
- Montréal by night
- Monaco by night
- Monaco 1955 by night
- Trois-Rivières (Sloring)
- Kentucky Speedway night and day*
- Memphis Stadium*
- Monument Valley
- Megalopolis*
- Nice
- Tunnel speedway*
- Thurston Tunnel (in Hawaï)*
- San Remo*
- Ficticious Rouen-les-Essarts*
- Forêt Noire (Germany), based on the Interlagos 1979 by Turbo Lover*
- Normandie*
- Clermont-Ferrand*
- Hungaroring Loop night and day (very very bad)
- Nordschleife by night*

And for the Star Wars mod by Dave :
- Uranus, Jupiter, Mars, Mercure, Pluton, Sirius, Neptune, Vénus : *

Some are released. The others, marked by a *, will maybe one day released if I think there are good enough and above all if I have permission for the dat and some objects taken here and here (:

Anyway, thanks to all the dat authors cause I have a personal pleasure for my personal use.

----------

My dream :

To be able to do a dat one day.

Other dream :

To thank someone one day who would have the right idea to write a tutorial.

------------

Many thanks to everyone.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2022 09:12PM by viking75.
Re: A dat for my jungle track
Date: January 18, 2022 05:33PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Fraps?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: January 18, 2022 07:49PM
Posted by: zifox
viking75 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello everybody
>
> I'm looking for a guy to do a dat for my jungle
> track. This dat I use below on the screenshots
> belongs to AsWinner for his Qring track. My
> purpose is to transfer all my jungle track in a
> new dat. Sorry, I don't know how to do a dat.
> Thank you !
AFAIK, you cannot do it this way. The dat file contains track sections and CC lines, they cannot be deduced from the data inside the GP4 file. (or the bin/col files)

>
> By the way, is someone can tell me which tool I
> can use to record a movie from gp4 ? I have a
> capture screen but when I enter in the game it
> doesn't record it. Thank you again.

If you have a decent graphic card (something that is less than 5 years old should be enough), the drivers should provide a stream/recording feature. You only need to bind a shortcut to the start/stop record actions.
They provide basic options but it works straight out of the box. (i've used the feature from the radeon drivers to record GP4 races, it works well and consume almost no resources, the GPU does all the job)

If you need more advanced feature, you'll need to use a dedicated streaming/recording software, there are several out there, depending on your needs.
I've discovered OBS Studio a few months back, I use it to record F1GP races and add extra information to show wheel/pedals inputs, it's free and easy to use. It has some limitations, but it's free !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2022 07:49PM by zifox.
Date: January 18, 2022 07:59PM
Posted by: Soutsen
Turbo Lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fraps?

bandicam is a good alternative

Date: January 18, 2022 09:53PM
Thank you, Turbo lover, I tried fraps and it works well

Soutsen, I will try bandicam too, thx.

zifox, another one I'll try too. Thx.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2022 09:54PM by viking75.
Date: January 19, 2022 09:52PM
Posted by: zifox
I remembered a function I couldn't find when I first answered, finally I found it: when you open a .dat, there is an option to import layout data from GP4 file.

I don't know what it does exactly, you could try, maybe it will update the sectors correctly ? (it's in the action menu)
Date: January 20, 2022 12:08AM
Thank you, zifox. I've tried but it doesn't nothing at all in what I want to do.
Date: January 22, 2022 11:23AM
Posted by: ASWinner
I'm so happy that my track is still remenbered after so many years.
But I don't quite understand your problem. If the original DAT file matches your model perfectly, why would you create a DAT file repeatedly?
Date: January 22, 2022 05:21PM
Hi ASWinner,

Indeed I think my problem is english language and it's often difficult to understand what I write. What I mean is that i used your Qring dat file to create a fantasy jungle track cause I don't how to make a dat. This is not my dat, it's yours and I can't use it cause it's not my property. This is the reason why I would find someone that could create a dat file to his taste just to transfer all my objects and have a Jungle track with not your dat file. This is a question of permission. I love your Qring cause is very fast. For my own use, I called it Le Caire, in Egypt, and I created too another track, always with your Qring dat called Luxor. But I used one building from Sotchi updated at the start.

Date: January 23, 2022 11:16AM
I found the right word : it's a new "layout" I want for my track.
Date: January 23, 2022 12:03PM
Posted by: jimbob1
So you used the Dat file from Qring and made a new track around it ?

if original author is signed up on the page where they say they agreed for others to use their works as long as they are given credit as the original author etc

should be fine i think. maybe send the author a PM here as well out of politeness
Date: January 23, 2022 01:20PM
Thank you jimbob. ASWinner, the author, is aware of my work and left a comment here, but I must consider if I prefer or not to have a new layout. I think having a new layout should be better for everyone. Of course, if I choose the ASWinner layout, I'll ask him for his permission and there will be a mention in my credits. Thx again.
Date: January 23, 2022 01:20PM
Posted by: ASWinner
I don't mind other authors making changes to my original work, but if you want to publish it publicly, just mark the original source in the GP4FORM.
So if you feel like you just need a DAT file made entirely by yourself, I don't think it's necessary to do such a repetitive job.
Of course, it makes sense to create DAT files if you want to learn the entire track process.:-)
Date: January 23, 2022 01:57PM
Thank you, ASWinner, if I choose to keep your dat, I'll mention your name on the read me (gp4 form)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy