Steering wheel problem

Posted by viking75 
Steering wheel problem
Date: June 09, 2021 03:54PM
Posted by: viking75
Hi all,

Here's the problem I encounter with my steering wheel from several mods. I tried to change the options in the zaz to place the steering wheel at the exact middle but nothing is changed. Is someone knows what happens ? Thx a lot !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2021 10:43AM by viking75.
Re: Steering wheel problem
Date: June 13, 2021 09:14PM
Posted by: landex
I think you have to change the options with gp4tweak 23. Helmet/steeri/arms/dash.. in-game change (i thng)
Keys to move are (i, k.m,l) (tab to choose what you want change: dash, arms, steering wheel)

I didnt done it for along time, you have play with it.

The best way is to check the car of your partner, if its ok, copy the x,y,z values for you car.:)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2021 09:19PM by landex.
Date: June 14, 2021 11:24AM
It doesn't work but thank so much, landex. In fact, I think I must change the values that are in the ini files in the PNL data. I've changed and I've changed but nothing works. But it really doesn't matter, there are other mods. Thx again !
Date: June 14, 2021 11:12PM
Are you run it in CSM?
I noticed when i testing tracks with csm and change some values it doesn't do nothing in csm..
Like you said.
If you want send me the files and i try to fixit
Date: June 14, 2021 11:18PM
Yes, I tried with CSM, the result is the same. It's too kind to want fix it. In fact, I send you first the link from the gp4 database cause I want to know if you have the same problem. Install with CSM and tell me. Otherwise I will send you mine. Many thx, landex.

[www.mediafire.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2021 11:19PM by viking75.
Date: June 15, 2021 01:06AM
Viking75, like I asume: the must be wrong with the CSM. It happens very often.
I use to test my files with csm, since I know that csm can sometimes build wrong values, I use a directory with a mod.

The files you send me are great. And the F312 B from 1970 its brilliant!(Y)(H)
Try to replace the gp4.exe with original decrypted, maybe it works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2021 01:18AM by landex.
Date: June 15, 2021 03:10AM
It doesn't work at all :( I've already tried to put all the files in a folder apart, i've tried to with original exe and with the decrypted : it doesn't work. I had the same problem with the mod 1986 or 1988... Can you send me or show me by screenshot the content of the pnl folder ? The ini files for the steering wheel are here ("Brabham" I think). Maybe the values are not the same for you and me. Thank you.
Date: June 15, 2021 03:20AM
Finally, I send you my mod files. Maybe doing the comparison between the ini files you'll can find what's wrong. You can take for you the loading maps I did and the "dash_dials" in the pnl folder. This dash comes from another mod on the gp4database and you'll see is great. If you fail don't worry, it doesn't matter. Thx.

[www.mediafire.com]
Date: June 15, 2021 05:07PM
Ah! I saw that the steering wheel was in .gp4 mod, its in pnl(gpxpatch). it is more easier.
I will check it later.
Can I send you the gp4(mod) folder with the gp4 without csm if it works on yr pc?
Date: June 15, 2021 05:39PM
Yes, you can send me it, maybe I will understand why my "version" doesn't work and if yours works I'll copy it. Many Thanks.

Now, tell me what you think about this track below I just finished. In fact, I was disappointed by the Monument Valley I did a few months ago cause it was too bad. I tried to do another one better. Most of houses, derricks etc. are by Meteoro, and the mod by livejackass.

Date: June 15, 2021 05:59PM
Very nice! Feels like grand canyon, just Great! I can recognize my shell gas station from Avus!!
When can test it?
Date: June 15, 2021 06:43PM
Yes, it's your shell station and of course you must tell me if I have your permission. For this reason can I send you the track by PM or can I upload it here ?
Date: June 15, 2021 07:05PM
For my stuff, everybody in the community have permission without asking :). The important thing, it has to be all free. Not like some stuff that we all saw in the past, selling mods on ebay!

By the way, I sent you a PM.
Date: June 15, 2021 07:15PM
I have the same mentality for sharing. Here's my track :

[www.mediafire.com]

I'm going to check my PM.
Date: June 15, 2021 07:28PM
Posted by: Noog
I think this should help:

The dash in your first pic is being generated by the Brabham.ini file.

To centre it, open the file and about 20 lines down in the [Misc] section replace:

Right=1680
Bottom=1050

with,

Right=1024
Bottom=768

I know that's not your screen resolution, but it doesn't matter.

If the dash is rotating as the engine revs up, scroll down further in the same file to the [Revs Control] section and change:

[RevsControl]
Enable=1
Mode=2

with,

[RevsControl]
Enable=1
Mode=1

You also have a similar problem in the TACH_EXT.ini file, which controls the dash you see in chase cam view.

Track looks nice.
Date: June 15, 2021 08:29PM
Thanks Noog, that is I've just noticed with the folders and files that landex sent me. I use to drive in resolution 1920x1080, that's why my steering wheel is not at the center. I'll try to resolve it for driving in my usual resolution but it seems difficult, even impossible. Anyway thank you for your help.
Date: June 15, 2021 08:55PM
Posted by: Noog
No no, the settings I gave you should work. The 1024x768 refers to the design area (ie not the screen resolution) and the mode 1 tells it to stretch the 'panel' to fit whatever resolution you are using.

Give it a try.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2021 08:56PM by Noog.
Date: June 15, 2021 09:08PM
viking75 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have the same mentality for sharing. Here's my
> track :
>
> [www.mediafire.com]
> C3%2589tats-Unis_-_Monument_Valley.rar/file
>
> I'm going to check my PM.

Thanks Viking75 for sharing, I will test it later.
Date: June 16, 2021 08:02AM
@Noog : sincerely, it doesn't work, I don't know what happens. I think i'm going to take another cockpit from another mod. Anyway many thanks and many thanks again to landex.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy