own helmet

Posted by Camacho 
own helmet
Date: March 21, 2006 06:36PM
Posted by: Camacho
I think the answer is easy but I need to know how can I make my own helmet.

which tools do I need and how can I make it.

thanks in advance and a very happy racing from spain!!!
Re: own helmet
Date: March 21, 2006 06:50PM
Posted by: Overgone
Well ermmmm, firstly you'll probably want a newer higher detail helmet. The new arai shape is totally awesome when the finished product is laid out. With this you will need to get the hi-res templates for the helmet, there are two parts to this - the main bulk around the helmet and then the top which is next to the visor.

To see it all you'll need zmodeler and you might need 3DEditor to unlock the helmet, but it was so long ago that I don't remember. :P

If you don't want to do that, then I'm sure some nice person will paint it for you if you give them a quick couple of sketches and ideas.

[www.purevolume.com]
Date: March 21, 2006 07:04PM
Posted by: Great.M.Surfer
Look at the helmetpainters needed topic ;)
Date: March 21, 2006 07:21PM
Posted by: Sapo
That's nice, but i (also) want to paint my own helmet. But are there already some templates orso available (and a tutorial or something like that for helmet painting?)
Date: March 21, 2006 08:56PM
Posted by: Overgone
Sapo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's nice, but i (also) want to paint my own
> helmet. But are there already some templates orso
> available (and a tutorial or something like that
> for helmet painting?)

There are templates available, it just depends on what resolution you want basically. If you want tip top graphics like the helmets MBSnake or I make then you'll need some high resolution templates. But they are around.

I don't think their is a tutorial about how to paint a helmet, but I'm sure their is a tutorial or a list of things you need to do and things you need to get. Really to paint it you just need a workshop program like AdobePhotoshop etc. which can save the files to .targa's

[www.purevolume.com]
Date: March 21, 2006 10:19PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
...or just use the driverx_2.tga from the other sets for your visor etc and then make a second tga the same size as the first (1024x512, 2048x1024) and paint your design on it. Helmet tops are easy to replace in the driverx_2.tga, all you need to do is select the area that the helmet top is painted on, and then (in photoshop anyway) go to Edit > Fill > White or your foreground colour ;-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy