Big Problems With 94 mod....

Posted by Jagdpanzer 
Big Problems With 94 mod....
Date: February 17, 2006 08:07AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Hello. I have recently downloaded the beta for the 94 mod and have run into a situation that prevents me from driving what looks to be an excellent mod.
The track order is all messed up for me, and I get some pretty bizarre stuff.
For instance, I select Hill's Williams, and Imola as the track I wish to drive. Immediately I see a Monaco loading screen (not Imola) and this is what I see in the mod:

Cockpit of Damon Hill's Williams:

Pit lane at Imola?

End of pitroad at Imola?

Looks like somehow the track order is messed up, but I don't know how to correct it.

I have the 2005, 1999, 1988, 1986, and 1979 beta all working fine through CSM build 45, but I can't get the 94 going. Can you guys give me some pointers as to what I need to correct to get the mod going?
Re: Big Problems With 94 mod....
Date: February 17, 2006 08:21AM
Posted by: b-tone
the dats are in the wrong order. i'm not sure if the mod comes with dats, but check the tracks.set file if the mod has one.

____
Tony

Date: February 17, 2006 09:14AM
No tracks.set file appears to come with this mod Tony, at least from what I can see. No dats either...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: February 17, 2006 09:29AM
Posted by: b-tone
is there a trackorder.cap file in the patch folder? try removing it.
otherwise i'll look at the set when i'm home.

did you get 95 working? i'll probably put another beta together soon, but how about the printer ;-)

____
Tony

Date: February 17, 2006 10:19PM
Nope. No trackorder.cap file in the patch folder.

Still no luck with 95. As a last resort I am going to uninstall my printer this evening and then start CSM and try to load the 95 mod. I am also re-downloading the beta, as I suppose it's possible that using a download manager might have corrupted a file. This actually happened to me once, so even though it's not likely I am going to try it and see.

The issue with the 94 mod seems like one I should be able to correct, if I simply knew what corrections to make....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: February 18, 2006 05:00AM
Tony, I added the circuits folder containing track dats from the 99 mod to the 94 mod, and also the gpxtrack file from the 99 mod to the GPXfolder in the 94 mod. Now the tracks correspond to what I select in the track menu, but I still get the wrong loading screens for the tracks. I don't mean wrong screens for tracks we don't have, but wrong ones for Spa, Imola, Monaco, etc - tracks that are commmon to all mods. Any idea on how I can get the track loading screens in the correct order? But on the bright side, at least I can use the 94 mod now!

In regard to the 95 mod.... I uninstalled my printer and all printer specific drivers and software, did a clean up of their registry entries, and then loaded the 95 beta through CSM build 45. No luck. It still crashes to desktop at the same point as before, i.e. immediately when the loading bar finishes and you should be dropped into cockpit.

For convenience sake, would the "minimum version of CSM build 1.55 needed" line be neccessary in the next beta version? Since 1.55 is not supported could this line be altered to 45? Maybe with a help file explaining to get correct track order in the mod build 55 beta is required? I couldn't get the build 55 to function correctly, and its a pain to have to go back and remove that line from every mod if you try to load them with build 45.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2006 10:03AM by Jagdpanzer.
Date: February 18, 2006 06:43AM
BTW, does anyone know of a way to get the proper cockpit textures instead of the white ones I see in EVERY car?

Date: February 18, 2006 04:40PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
I got it too, it's just the beta version, not your fault.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: February 18, 2006 11:12PM
Turbo Lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I got it too, it's just the beta version, not your
> fault.
>
>

Thanks Turbo Lover. I wasn't sure if I was missing some textures or what. It's a pretty good mod even with all its bugs, but I wish those guys were more enthusiastic about finishing it!

Date: February 19, 2006 11:17AM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Tracks are fine on the 94 mod I downloaded :)
Date: February 19, 2006 12:02PM
Posted by: mikef1
I've got the same problem Jagd, maybe it's a CSM issue.
Date: February 19, 2006 03:34PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
the texture issue can easily be resolved by downloading a set of 1994 cockpit textures from gp4italia.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2006 03:36PM by Red_Bull.
Date: February 21, 2006 07:56PM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
I have exactly the same problem as topic starter but only with Nurburgring. All other tracks work perfectly. I have installed Ricardo Lampert's Nurburgring 2004 v1.0 but it didn't help. So what I am going to do?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy