Rendering

Posted by Viper-F1.com 
Rendering
Date: February 14, 2006 11:14PM
Posted by: Viper-F1.com
I've got a small problem with Inetweb Williams when I render the car with Deep Exploration. It seems to be that the carbon fibre on the inside of the sidepods and engine cover blend with the outside livery of this, giving off a speckled effect to the car. Not nice when it renders. Anyone got a solution to this? Apart from, "Render in 3DMax", cause I dont know how that works.

Mike

PS. Does anyone have an actual scene to place the car into, so I can render it better. I put a floor under the car, but this speckled effect is kinda annoying me to continue.

Viper-Mazda. The best 11th team I've ever made. :P But its 'cause I made it. WAYHEY!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2006 11:17PM by Viper-F1.com.
Re: Rendering
Date: February 14, 2006 11:20PM
Posted by: smorr
Render in 3ds MAX ;D

Do it. rendering isnt that hard in max

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: February 15, 2006 03:23PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
If you do use Max, do you use Brazil? If not, use Mental Ray, it's a lot better, and I can help you with it since I've started using it myself ;-)
Date: February 15, 2006 05:37PM
Posted by: Viper-F1.com
That would be wicked yeah. I do have the Brazil plugin but it only does resolutions up to 512, which is not what I really want. Any help, hints, tips would be really helpful, thanks all.

Mike

Viper-Mazda. The best 11th team I've ever made. :P But its 'cause I made it. WAYHEY!!!
Date: February 15, 2006 06:26PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
You have the demo version of Brazil, but I think it's easy to get great results with Mental Ray that look better than Brazil. You can use GI with Mental Ray, but that kinda defeats the point of it ;-) There's a few lighting tutorials around which will get you started with basic lighting.

I got my sunlight tutorial from here Under effects and about page 5 :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy