could this be implemented in camedit ?

Posted by Caelen 
Re: could this be implemented in camedit ?
Date: June 29, 2003 03:36PM
Posted by: EJ-14
ZaZ said when he released EasyWad that it was just a tool he was using during development of his CSM and everyone was to use at their own risk.

I was just mentioning my problem as it may have had a relevance to the issues you were discussing. It was not a flame about ZaZ's EasyWad.

Looking forward to CamEditor,GP4Tweaker and CSM working together. :)

EJ-14
Date: June 30, 2003 05:55AM
Posted by: ZaZ
Had no internet, so thats why i'm responding a bit late....
Its fixed now, but it only was 1 bug that caused it. I thought that part of the program worked correctly because Gp4 never had issues with it, so thats why i never checked it again.
I knew it had to be 128 bytes, because 127 would be silly, wouldn't it? ;-)
You didn't have to check it out, but you did and saved me some time, because this way i didn't had to find the bug myself :)
I only asked if you were looking it up by name, so i know where to look for the bug. But again... thanks, because now it was really really easy :)
And there's an update in the easywad thread.
Date: June 30, 2003 08:42AM
Posted by: Madman271
About 128 bytes length for wad table names, don't forget about null-terminated string rule. It just simply up to 127 chars for the name. That wasn't a mistake if filling 128 bytes buffer with 0x20 (space) then overwrites with the name as long as end of the name terminated by null, like this:

dir/name.ext%null%20%20%20%20%20%20...

However, it is recommended to fill 128+8 bytes buffer (length of wad table item) with zero before filling with something.

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: June 30, 2003 01:02PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Yep, you can fill the (128 - filename length) other characters with whatever you like, but in that case, we would need to build tools able to read what part is the filename and what part is made of waste characters...

We could of course base our function on the extension but some extension are only two cars long (as .ct for collision) and it would be annoyous for everyone, so why not keeping the original simple structure :)

Thanks anyhow Zaz to updated your tool (i already saw your easywad thread :)) and it wasn't very difficult to find the matter as i had to check if it was Cameditor's or Easywad's which was doing something different than usual :)

Date: June 30, 2003 09:09PM
Posted by: ZaZ
I know all about null-terminated strings, only i had had made a tiny mistake that caused the error. And i didn't notice because gp4 didn't had issues with it. But thanks anyway :) After Lo2k told me that easywad puts a space in the filename, i opened the source code and it was fixed in a minute
Now all files in 'easywad wad' files are dir/name.ext%null%null%null%null etc...
Though i haven't really tested it, but i assume it should work now ;-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy