Renault r23 is now online

Posted by bojan_tarticchio 
Renault r23 is now online
Date: June 27, 2003 03:30PM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
Well, Monaco version, actually. Within next few days also a "regular" version will be available, as soon as we see it racing this weekend.

I haven't yet updated my site, but until then you can get it here:

[onyx.globalnet.hr]

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Re: Renault r23 is now online
Date: June 27, 2003 07:38PM
Posted by: JPM
Well done bojan. It looks awesome. For some reason the Renault textures always look the most realistic.

Cheers
JPM
Date: June 27, 2003 07:55PM
Posted by: EJ-14
Downloading now.

Legendary as always.

EJ-14
Date: June 27, 2003 07:59PM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
link dead for me

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: June 27, 2003 08:07PM
It should work, I tried it.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: June 27, 2003 08:31PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
i got it installed and put in the coordinates, looks very good !

nice work bojan !!!! keep it up !!!

greetings Steven
Date: June 27, 2003 08:54PM
Posted by: ViperF1
I hadn't seen a renault ever but I have seen a Benetton many years before in Shanghai...I think my color is bright and Bojan's is realistic...I think that is the same between Ralph Hummerich and Jan Frischkorn, the two greatest GP3 painters I think...
I'm trying to choose a better color for Ferrari and the next time my R23 will have better color

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: June 27, 2003 08:57PM
And another thing is your monitor...I have a very very old two-hand workstation "17 monitor...it's color is brighter than my "14 old one but I think may not be brighter than any other new monitors.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: June 28, 2003 12:48AM
Posted by: Chunter

hope these help
Date: June 28, 2003 02:07AM
Posted by: watercolours
it's very nice but what are the actual differences? i could just recognize the different shapes of rear wings.

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: June 28, 2003 03:44AM
It's very tricky to choose color by picking it from picture; not all pictures are in the same tone. I have TV on my PC, so it's the same monitor settings for GP4 and TV, and I'm experimenting with color until I get same thing in game and TV. That's why my cars are a dark, and no to bright colors.

@ watercolours
Differences between...? My last version and this one? Or between two pictures above?

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: June 28, 2003 03:50AM
Posted by: fongu
Whats the RGB values for the yellow for the arms??
Date: June 28, 2003 04:21AM
between your v3 version and monaco version?

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: June 28, 2003 08:30AM
@ watercolours

Shape: slightly reshaped car nose; steer attack; driver's shoulders; additional rear wings; double bargeboards; new upper rear wing, new rear fins.

Texture: New shadings; suspensions, mirrors and additional rear wing are now droping difuse shadows, which adds a lot to reality. I could do that before, but I didn't until Viper's provokations :-P

Although lights on cars are done well by GP4 graphic engine, and there's no need for effects on textures, it's not the same with shadows...

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: June 28, 2003 09:54AM
thanx for the info bojan. good work, pardon me, excellent work.

Date: June 29, 2003 04:46AM
Mine's released

[218.108.20.6]

Date: June 29, 2003 09:26AM
Posted by: DEF
To Bojan, specialy Schroeder & Aciarri:
The car is incredible but see on Chunter´s fotographs that the nose of R23 is wider than your car, when you see the car coming on gp4 tv cam your car´s nose seems too tigh in the middle, like I said it just a little thing to improve your car. I´m going to download Ghostraider & Viper now.With all the changes you have made we havea car for each race practicaly.
Thanks allof you, you make a beautyfull game so much better.

When the others says you are the best, the worse error is to start to believe it. - Juan Manuel Fangio
Date: June 29, 2003 11:14AM
Posted by: F1Master
I have Vipers R23 now as my default Renault after evaluating which I think is the better of the two however it isn't perfect. The steering wheel still has the same problem as we have seen on the Viper F2003GA and BAR005. I can't change that either through GP4Master or Cameditor, neither will correct it at all and thats annoying seeing the wheel run through the cockpit dash.

When I uploaded this new R23 the striking thing is how much chunkier it is, it looks positively obese compared to Bojans. However that feeling only lasts five minutes and you get used to it and realise the carshape itself is much more realistic, especially the nose.

The t-cam view of the nose is also very good, this is an area most cars fail on, it seems some don't bother making this look very realistic or look closely enough at the real t-cam tv shot but this one is (apart from the swheel problem I mentioned).

Another recurring problem is the cockpit shape. It still seems a bit too wide. It may be accurate and to scale but it doesn't quite look right as the helmets look lost inside it. I'd narrow this on the updates as its quite a bugbear for most. Plus I get problems with the drivers race suit, its white and you can see white shoulders popping out although I'll install it again and see if it fixes itself. The final thing is chimneys that are on the sidepod. They seem too upright and the opening at the top too wide, I think its thinner than that.

I hate focusing on the negatives because this is a really good car but I'm hoping the few minor problems will be rectified in the v2 but this is probably the better version, IMO anyway

Post Edited (06-29-03 18:19)

WilliamsF1 Supporters

AMD Athlon64 3400, 512mb Corsair XMS3200LL memory, Asus K8V Deluxe mobo, Powercolor Radeon X800 Pro VIVO, 160G Maxtor HD, Soundblaster Audigy, Windows XP SP2.
Date: June 29, 2003 01:41PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Yep, bojans car & grafics are great but the nose of cdtp`s is a little bit better.

Hard to say which to use but i like the rear wings of monaco version - so i`ll use that thing.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: June 29, 2003 03:42PM
Posted by: fongu
I agree with F1Master on most things there. Whilst watching both qualy sessions i was comparing things with my GP4, particularly the Tcam views on cameditor. I found that CDTP cars were amazingly accurate in this respect.

The steering wheel thing..... negative signs!

I think Bojan wins on the textures IMO, but as Viper said in another thread i think that His colours are more accurate.

They're both amazing cars and great job guys. Just need to decide what to use now!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy