Date: December 03, 2005 07:15PM
Posted by: Flash Formula
I'm exporting an object from a track with gp4editor as a gp4.file, but when
i import it into zmod i can't see it (doesn't import):(

Can anyone help me out?

Please:)

Date: December 03, 2005 07:36PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
It doesn't show up in 3D view? Or it doesn't show up at all? Basically, make sure you've selected to make it compatible with ZM before you export (a box will pop-up), but it won't show up in 3D view, I don't know why, but I've tried different ways, and it doesn't seem to work :(

Otherwise, hope this helps :)
Re: Help!!! Exporting From GP4Editor 16.4
Date: December 03, 2005 07:51PM
Posted by: Flash Formula
ok mate thanks:) i'll try different ways.

Date: December 03, 2005 07:55PM
Posted by: Lo2k
It does not show in 3dview because the 3dView is centered on world origin (0,0,0) and track objects are often very far from it.
If you "unzoom" in other views, you will finally see the object.

Date: December 03, 2005 08:52PM
Yeah, other views are fine because you can "zoom extents" and it will centre on all objects, but you can't do the same thing for 3D view. Anyhow, I thought that when you selected "export to .gp4" and then yes to make it compliant with ZM, it automatically set itself to world origin coordinates?
Date: December 03, 2005 09:05PM
No, because if I would do so, people would complain (well, they already do but nevermind) that object are not at the right position when you will save it back from ZM to .gp4.
Nothing prevent you anyway to displace to origin the object you want to export (in 3ded) before exporting it to ZM.
But don't complain if object is at origin once you will export it back from ZM ;)

Date: December 03, 2005 09:15PM
lol I use .3ds mostly anyhow and twiddle about with it in max. Speaking of which, how's that script coming along?
Date: December 03, 2005 11:49PM
No progress on this side.

Date: December 04, 2005 12:02AM
A shame, but I'm sure something will happen soon, it will be a particularly useful too :)
Date: December 05, 2005 11:12PM
Posted by: Mr Pibb
I found that once the object is exported as a gp4 and then that gp4 opened in 3Deditor, I can align the object onto itself and then export it to zmoddler. It seems to show up fine in Zmoddler 3D view then. You can always realign it back to the original object again when you reimport it into your track.

This method is only from memory though. It may differ slightly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mr Pibb

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy