Problem with Gp4 & SB Audigy2 ZS (or memory?)

Posted by Borjaserrano 
Problem with Gp4 & SB Audigy2 ZS (or memory?)
Date: October 21, 2005 03:44AM
Posted by: Borjaserrano
I just have to build my new PC with a Soundblaster Audigy2 ZS soundcard and now this card is giving conflicts with Gp4. After few minutes running in track, randomly the sound goes more treble, with a highly tone, and then a death blue screen appears in WinXP. I change the sound device in control panel to the motherboard sound device and then Gp4 runs perfect.

Anyone have this soundcard running fine with Gp4?. Could this problem be fixed?.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2005 05:32PM by Borjaserrano.
Re: Problem with Gp4 & SB Audigy2 ZS
Date: October 21, 2005 04:04AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
i have this card and dont get any problems with any game at all.
Date: October 21, 2005 04:31AM
Hmm.. weird, with Doom 3 I having problems as well, but this time it gives a thypically "doom3.exe gives an error and will be closed by windows" instead of the blue screen. Maybe my SB card could be defective?

Here are my specs

Asus A8N SLI-Premium
Athlon 64 3700+ "San diego"
1 Gb DDR400 Geil One-BH
Gainward Geforce 7800 GTX
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
2x Seagate 250 Gb S-ATA Raid

Win XP Pro & SP2
Forceware 78.01

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2005 04:33AM by Borjaserrano.
Date: October 21, 2005 10:08AM
Posted by: Aprilliaracer
You MUST disable the onboard sounddevice in the BIOS, not just in the control panel. Make sure you have the latest drivers from creative.com (not the betadrivers).
Re: Problem with Gp4 & SB Audigy2 ZS (or memory?)
Date: October 21, 2005 05:35PM
I turned off the onboard sound device from BIOS, but the problem persists. I finally think the memory is getting conflicts, because Gp4 crashes when I´m playing a replay.

My memory is running at 2-2-2-5 1T timings, could this cause the problem?.

I tried to back to a previous Forceware driver, but the problem persists as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2005 05:38PM by Borjaserrano.
Date: October 21, 2005 05:49PM
Mhhhh...what Memory are you using?(EDIT: Ok, Geil.) Maybe you should try 2-3-3-5 settings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2005 05:49PM by Aprilliaracer.
Date: October 21, 2005 06:20PM
Posted by: Duffer
I have the same soundcard as you. I have only one problem in GP4. Sometimes the sound in T-Cam view work perfectly, but sometimes it doesn't want to work.

Else this soundcard work well :-)

--------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2005 06:20PM by Duffer.
Date: October 21, 2005 06:27PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Forceware are not audio drivers ;)
You should rather check on Creative site as ApriliaRacer told you :)

Date: October 21, 2005 06:47PM
Yeah, a few days ago I installed the last Creative driver, the beta and non-beta, but the problem continues anyway.

Also, yesterday I turned the DRAM timings on "Auto" in bios (2.5-3-3-5 2T), but didn´t got solution. Anyway, this memories are prepared to run at 1.5-2-2-5 1T.

Date: October 21, 2005 07:28PM
Yes, it has BH on it. Low latency.
I´ve also got an Audigy 2 ZS but i haven´t got problems like here...Sometimes, when returning from a replay into the game again, the normal Onboardsound appears a little bit strange but after switching the cam it is ok again. But i never got a bluescreen or other problems. Have you installed the Latest EAX 4.0 (Advanced HD) update from the Creative HP?
Date: October 21, 2005 08:22PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
set the memory in the bios to auto,thats what i do and never get any blue screens or game crashses.
Date: October 22, 2005 04:28AM
Well, finally I think the problem is due to Windows XP, because I installed Win 2k today in other patition and I just have to run Gp4 the 2 hours of a friday session, playing replays all the time with no prob.

When I installed Win XP the last wednsday I had some troubles with the nVidia LAN adapter (probably due to the drivers). I surfed the web with no problems, but when I downloaded any file this results to be corrupt. Also I couldn´t see any traffic in my traffic meter tool, only the traffic between my two pc´s, but nothing from inet (despite I could surf without problems). Then I installed some Win updates with very difficulty, and tired of this difficulties I decided to change to the Marvell LAN adapter (my mb have this two lan devices) and then the problem with the downloads was solved.

I think is possibly that I installed some corrupt update in XP that may cause this blue screens (the three games that I installed, Gp4, Doom3 and Juiced crashes win in a random moment). So I´ll install Win XP again tomorrow, I hope to get no problems this time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy