What wheels do you use and....

Posted by JackieStewart 
What wheels do you use and....
Date: October 17, 2005 12:10PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
What stearing-wheels do you use and how would you rate them? I'm finally giving up with my Thrustmaster Enzo FFB. The build quality was always a bit flimsy and despite getting thru 2 of them in about as many years (including self-repair jobs along the way) I've had enough. I'm gonna splash out on a new one and thought I'd ask the forum as there's not any reviews where GP4's been on the bench.
Any contributions are welcome...........

Jackie

....................I quite like this now.
Re: What wheels do you use and....
Date: October 17, 2005 01:41PM
Posted by: ludwig
i have a momo racing ff wheel from logitech
its my first wheel, so u shouldnt take my rating as strong as other more experienced drivers, but i have to say im really satisfied with it... 8/10
Date: October 17, 2005 01:54PM
Posted by: oliver_33
Saiter R220. It is my first wheel. I've bought it not a long time ago. And I'm satisfied with it. :)

---
Date: October 17, 2005 02:24PM
Posted by: sk83k
r440 with me, good FF but maybe 4 buttons might not be enough on the wheel for you
Date: October 17, 2005 02:34PM
Posted by: ThunderGod
On my 2nd wheel now. It's a Logitech MOMO force (predecessor of the MOMO racing) with the leather wrapped wheel, metal gear flippers, red 'body'..etc. It's quite sturdy, and with the squash ball mod on the brake pedal, I'd rate this 10/10 for F1 games (or any racing game that uses gear flippers). I've had it for 3 years now and no sign of wearing down. My only 2 complaints about it is the fact that there is no possibility for a traditional gearshifting knob, and the wheel itself is angled slightly high for my tastes/chair+table. So basically this is my exclusive wheel for F1. This wheel is also hard to find since it has stopped production for a few years now. Who knows, maybe in the future more wheels/games will support 900 degree steering, clutch pedal and real H shiftgate more readily, but a lot of these "features" have spread into niche options over the handful of gaming wheel makers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2005 02:43PM by ThunderGod.
Date: October 17, 2005 03:10PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

i use the Logitech DFP and it is the best wheel i have ever used. and i used a few... its my 5th wheel in a decade or so, i have had (from memory) some wheel i cant even remember the name of... the madcatz thing the ferrari 360 modena (non FFB) the logitech MOMO Racing (black) and now the DFP...

I found the main advantage with the DFP is the fact i can choose the amount of rotaiton i want in the wheel, say NR2003 in game has 350 degrees of rotation in the steering, so i set my wheel to 350 and i have 1:1 stearing ration from ingame to my wheel.

few downsids are the buttons, there set out in PS2 format which is el crappo, but you can get MODS for the wheel from www.frex.com/gp which sadly are expensive but once bought would make this the best wheel ever IMO.
The pedals are the usual logitech rubbish though, i havent had problems (yet - touch wood) but i am expecting them :(

Date: October 17, 2005 04:48PM
Posted by: NickKK
Wohoo I'm waiting for MY momo racing force, been a hardcore kb player for years but I've finally taken the plunge. Hope it's good :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy