gp3 files to wads

Posted by mad freddie 
gp3 files to wads
Date: October 01, 2005 09:00AM
Posted by: mad freddie
Hi all, i'm a rare poster, specially in the last year, but i hope someone will still help. I'm running GP4 through gpx patch v3.83 with the 2002 season update (133mb download) and 2004 physics file which has been modded with GP4PFedit v5226.I want to change the liveries on the cars, ie Jaguar to Red Bull etc, so i've downloaded the 2005 F1carset file in season packages, 4019kb, and tried to install it using TeamEditor.I've extracted it using Winrar but it's a gp3 file, and TeamEditor won't recognise it unless it's a wad, so how can i convert it to a wad. Also, the extracted file is a single file of about 8mb in winrar, which is supposed to contain new performance files, which i don't want, so is there a way to seperate the bits i want from the bits i don't. If u think of me as a pc idiot u won't go far wrong, and any advice would be much appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2005 09:07AM by mad freddie.
Re: gp3 files to wads
Date: October 01, 2005 09:43AM
Posted by: ZaZ
you can't
gp3 files are for ******drum roll here******

gp3! :)

tada

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: October 01, 2005 09:54AM
Not even with gp3edit? (which i can't find under downloads). gp3 uses wad files too doesn't it? are they not compatible?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2005 09:56AM by mad freddie.
Date: October 01, 2005 10:09AM
Posted by: ZaZ
nope, not even close :)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: October 01, 2005 10:45AM
ok thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy