Is it just me?

Posted by Isaint 
Re: Is it just me?
Date: February 20, 2019 03:27PM
Posted by: Prblanco
The quest to ever find that last hundredth of aero performance makes the cars look ugly. The area around the cockpits nowadays is so crowded with tiny appendages, makes me want to go back to 2008.

Modern cars' wheelbase are a stretch too. I find the cars from the late 80's to early 2000's with much better proportions and overall aestethics than current ones.

But someone once said that a fast car is a beautiful car, so there must be some truth to that ;)

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: February 20, 2019 06:10PM
Posted by: huskyman49
From my experience as a long time sled dog racer I remember the saying 'form follows function' in a racing sled dogs build - so I agree with Paulo...
Date: February 24, 2019 04:25PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Form follows function.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: February 24, 2019 08:26PM
Posted by: santos16
Meteoro405 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Near future...
>
> [cdn-3.motorsport.com]
> 6/2021-concept-rendering-1.jpg
>
> Old beautifull
>
> [farm3.static.flickr.com]
> e976288.jpg

I think this mercedes looks better than the current, but nothing comparable to the older cars. That were real racing cars, and those were real races. Before, virtual racing tried to emulate the reality and now its the other way round, unfortunately. :( for me my greatest racing memory was nelson piquet's williams fw11. I had slot cars of it. I don't think anything can be compared to that.
Date: February 25, 2019 12:30PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
Turbo Lover escribió:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Form follows function.

According to the regulations ... Halo does not improve the performance ... the pilot sitting two meters from the nose of the car is only for safety, etc. etc.etc

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy