Hello Everyone!

Posted by Fernando Rees 
Hello Everyone!
Date: September 17, 2005 07:46PM
Posted by: Fernando Rees
Hello.

I am Fernando Rees.

Nowdays, I am competing in World Series by Renault (www.renault-sports.com) championship in Europe. I am a real racing driver since 1993 when I started on karting. In all these years, I passed thru Formula Renault, F3 and many other racing categories.

I play racing computer games (sims) since the famous World Circuit (GP1), back when the game as launched. During all the years, I joined the most competitive and interesting international championships for the games, and was prettu successfull.

Around two years ago, I started a small idea where I would write about car setups, tips, strategies and things like that, open for everyone. But, for stupid reasons I cant remember now, I stopped after my first posts.

Now, with more time and experience, I am willing to try it again, if people still want/need/feel interested about it.

I played in most tracks that GP3 has, and all possible GP4 tracks so far. I never left a Ranking without being leading it, and I never lost a single championship I run. I played with everyone you can know, and consider a good driver. Well, that's to put some importance on what I am doing- hehehehe.

I am willing to submit Replays, Setups and everything also. I am building a website about my Sim-Racing Career now, still in a preview at www.geocities.com/rees_sim

Ah, another good thing- most times, there's confusion and doubts about Digitals vs. Analogues (I know that). The good thing I have is that I was very good with both, and I know all the possible differences. That helps also.

Well, I think that's all for now. Not sure what else I can add.

I hope it will help people to have some more fun and improve their results.

See you soon,

Fernando

Fernando Rees
www.fernandorees.com
Re: Hello Everyone!
Date: September 17, 2005 07:59PM
Posted by: pankykapus
Hi there!!!

It's good to have guys like you in the forum.
Of course I'd like you to help us!
And congratulate for your life which is I think exists in our dreams:)
Good luck in the future in real life and in here!!

Help us as you can and tell stories as well!!!

Pankykapus
Date: September 17, 2005 08:12PM
Posted by: Ruboy
You're welcome:)
That will be interesting. Nice to see that also real racing drivers love racing simulations.

Date: September 17, 2005 08:34PM
Posted by: patrickc
Hi Fernando, i think all gp4 league drivers are very interested in your experiences and tips. At least, i am.
Date: September 18, 2005 12:00AM
Thanks everyone!

I am thinking about where to start.

Think I'll be doing a Guide, step-by-step, on how to make a good setup.

That's something I never found a good one around.
Date: September 18, 2005 07:16AM
Posted by: Jithendra
hi Fernando.. nice to meet you, i am Jithendra, i am a real life racer too, i race back here in Asia... i am from India, currently i am doing test sessions for A1 Team India alongside R&D and its been fun working with all these people here. Gp4 is my fav sim.. well it nice to have you onboard mate :)

Date: September 18, 2005 10:30AM
Posted by: Willb
"I play racing computer games (sims) since the famous World Circuit (GP1), back when the game as launched. During all the years, I joined the most competitive and interesting international championships for the games, and was prettu successfull. "

Ooo, This time it could be Geoff in disguise ;)

Anyway welcome to the forum Fernando Rees, hope to see you around a bit more :)

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: September 18, 2005 10:35AM
Posted by: banbido756
Hi Fernando.
I dont know if you remember me.
I asked you in a e-mail for a race setup for Hungary about 1 month and a half.
Any way the race went fantastic and i finished first.

Can you teach us how to do a very good hotlap please.
Or it would be better if you can teach us the tricks for each track. I know it may be long, but i think it is really worth it.

Well i send you my bests.

bye

Date: September 18, 2005 11:28AM
Posted by: Lo2k
You're welcome Fernando.
It's great to see that real drivers are in and I'm sure any help and advise you will give will help many people (starting by me :)).

But I have a first question for you, if you agree, that I think everyone here would like to ask you:
What do you think of GP4's driving model ? :)

Date: September 18, 2005 12:02PM
Posted by: jonny

is this you?

Anyway, Its great to have another real life racer on the forum, and if you want to have a sim racing carerr, enter the WGP series which is stickied at the top!
See ya around!

www.footballsfinestgfx.co.uk
Date: September 18, 2005 12:06PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
You need to cut you hair .

Date: September 19, 2005 05:45PM
All right then - thanks for all the posts.

Some good ideas- lots of things to work then. I'll start soon.
Date: September 19, 2005 06:20PM
1. Building a car setup

Date: September 19, 2005 06:46PM
Posted by: Briere
I remember when I drove on Der Ring, I began with 20-20, and noticed that the jump would induce some loss of downforce on the rear, so I changed my wings for 19-20. First and only time I've ever used an understeery wing setup :)
Date: September 19, 2005 07:29PM
Posted by: ralphi
i usually have the front wing higher then the rear... it's a bit twitchy (spelling?!) in some turns but it gives you a hell of alot more grip thru the corner and it fits me perfectly

Date: September 19, 2005 11:28PM
Posted by: mortal
Fernando, you can put these setup guides in a new thread, topic GP4 setups guide/how to or whatever, the mods will link it from the GP4 Faq, TIA mortal.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 19, 2005 11:33PM
Posted by: stifflers mum
fernando, please some words to lo2k´s question.
welcome!
Date: September 20, 2005 12:01PM
Posted by: laurent
hi, glad to see you back mate!!

I missed you in the GPC FR champ! maybe next year? :-)

Ow, could you also answer lo2k's ques :-$ thanks a lot!! ;-)

about the setups manuel, I can make good setups, but tips etc are always welcome!!!

Thanks a lot for the time you want to spend for us!! :-)
Date: September 20, 2005 06:01PM
mortalwombat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fernando, you can put these setup guides in a new
> thread, topic GP4 setups guide/how to or whatever,
> the mods will link it from the GP4 Faq, TIA
> mortal.
>

Ok, done!

Date: September 20, 2005 06:09PM
Ok everyone, some answers.

First, thanks a lot for your words, all of you.

Now, about the question "what about GP4 driving model".

You mean, how is the simulation feeling comparing to reality?

Well, I played most racing games and the one I felt it was more a simulator was GP4, always. Most people prefer F1C, but they don't know too much about how the real thing is. Also, most people prefer it because it's more simple and easier to play and edit, that's all.

There are things you cannot simulate, yet, like G Forces, or real steering wheel weight, or a better brake feeling, things like that- but GP4 is the closes to reality I ever found.

A good tip to get it closer to reality, using a steering wheel, is to add a little bit of Steering Help. Most people play with 0% there, but the feeling is not realistic anymore. Normally, around 5 to 10 % helps in that feeling.

The way you look from the inside camera is really good also. Normally, in racing cars, you don't see that much, but GP4 is the closes I ever seen also. Maybe, if we could put the driver's view more down, seeing less, would be even more realistic, but harder to drive- just like in real life. Just to have an idea, we normally see only the flat part of the tyres, no wheels or anything.

Also, normally the brakes in real racing cars don't move too much. You dont even feel its movement when you press it, cause its soo hard. That's something realy different from games to reality also, because i never saw a pedal like the real ones. Considering this, in GP4 happens that the brakings are not really easy to control, because the pedals normally are too soft and move a lot. Many times, when you try to brake very later, you spin on braking, and thats because the pressure you used was too high on the brakes, something that would be avoided with a very sensible brake, that doesnt move or anything.

Well, not sure if I got the right point in here. That's what I understood of the question. As I opened a new thread for setups and things, we can keep this chat in this one. I'll answer whatever you want.

Thanks!

Fernando Rees
www.fernandorees.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy