3d rims - uninstall ???

Posted by MViper 
3d rims - uninstall ???
Date: June 22, 2003 02:10PM
Posted by: MViper
Hello,

I asked this in another topic, but there was no response, so I am asking you again:

Is it possible to uninstall/remove viper's 3d rims ? I am not happy with it, so i want to remove them. I don't want to rebuild cars.wad file again with 2003 cars, coz I did this 1 week ago, due to some crash and stupid me forgot to back-up the thing ..

I was trying to get [auto]back-up file when 3drims were installed, but the backup also had the 3d rims installed..

So, how the heck can I remove this? Are this in cars.wad anyway or is it in another file?

Thanx in advance!

"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Re: 3d rims - uninstall ???
Date: June 22, 2003 03:52PM
Posted by: fongu
hmm.... I thought the thread last time gave the answer. Yeah i made a backup of my wad and it patched that aswell. But i have a backup of the original wad in different folder as my backup. Probably the easiest thing to do is get someone to send the files to you.
Date: June 22, 2003 05:42PM
Posted by: Fieroboy
In your GP4 folder there should be a cars.wad.bak made by Viper's installer. Just rename it to cars.wad and your back in business.
Date: June 22, 2003 10:11PM
Posted by: ViperF1
I backup file is for the latest uninstalled MODs , not only my 3D-Rims , but also my other MODs.That is , if you installed the 3D-Rims twice , both the cars.wad and cars.wad.bak are installed with 3D-Rims...
All can replace all wheel LODs with orginal ones and reinstall cealen's tyre in order to uninstall it.

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: June 23, 2003 02:21AM
Hey guys

thanx for your help!

fongu:

Yea, look the problem is, i had cars.wad file, i patched it with viper's 3d rims and there were rims, okay, fine by me, but i have some problems with the rims, so i want to uninstall them.. There was cars.wad.bak file, but when i patched cars.wad again, this time with OZ wheel, the cars.wad.bak also had 3d rims.. so i replaced *.tex files in cars.wad with originals ones, but of coz this didn't work, coz as it name says *.tex files are textures, and i don't know where are shape files for rims .. that's the problem.. Luckily i have 3 computers with GP4, so i'll just take some wad file and update it with latets viper cars, which are the best..

Fireoboy:

Read above :)

ViperF1:

Look, my english ain't great, so i don't understand you on couple of points:
backup: Yes i had the backup, but when i installed OZ rims the back-up file was also patched and there ain't any other backup files.. just original wads.. Yea, and as you said i installed rims twice, first time for BBS rims, second time with OZ rims.. so the cars.wad.bak was also affected..

So, which files must i replace? LOD files? Where are? In cars.wad?

Look the problem with rims is [that's why i want to uninstall them] is that when the wheels start spinning there some white texture so the tyre is white-black-white-black-white spinning .. Also the rims are always white, although i did everything what *.txt file said ..

Date: June 23, 2003 04:30AM
Posted by: Fieroboy
If you have 3 pc's I would suggest you copy all your car files into another cars.wad\ cars folder, same for cockpit folder. I believe the 3d rim files are in the tyre folder and there is a .gp4 (3d file) in the cars folder. I'm assuming you have GP4 Master as that prog makes life alot easier.
Date: June 23, 2003 10:57AM
Sure, i'm using gp4master, it's not important anywayz, i just rebuilt cars.wad again .. :(

Date: June 23, 2003 11:07AM
Posted by: fongu
Yeah i got the white flashyness, apparently turning shadows and advanced lighting on fixes it, doesnt work for me i dont think, but yeah, it patched my bak file aswell.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy