Help for a noob with a steering setup issues

Posted by HighGroove 
Help for a noob with a steering setup issues
Date: August 27, 2005 03:03PM
Posted by: HighGroove
I only have a Mad Catz2 Steering wheel mainly for consoles, but i bought a xbox controller adapter which basically lets my plug the xbox end into a usb and then plug the usb into teh back of my system. The only problem is, is when i go to the "advanced" configuration when i select the option for the braking and accellerating for my wheel i can select it for either accelerating but when i go to the braking selection it over writes the accelerting with the braking pedel. Basically what i'm saying is the game is making out that i have only 1 pedal so i can either accelerate or brake NOT BOTH :( so i can't race. Any help on this setup issue would be much appreceited.

Thanks Joe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2005 04:25PM by HighGroove.
Re: Help for a nob with a steering setup issues
Date: August 27, 2005 03:15PM
Posted by: mad otter
ROFL AT TITLE!!!!!!!!!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1024mb PC3200 GeIL Goldern Dragon RAM, ATi Sapphire X800 256mb, Windows XP
Date: August 27, 2005 03:48PM
meant to say noob lmao but seriously i am having problems getting my steering wheel to work with this game, i have GTR, NR03(Nascar Racing 2003) Nascar Thunder 2004 and the wheel works fine, just for some reason when i go to the custom setup for my wheel it keeps saying that the accerlaration pedel is the same as the brake, so the last one i set i only have in the game so its either no brakes or no gas :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2005 03:51PM by HighGroove.
Date: August 27, 2005 04:22PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
sorry, no idea about the problem
you probably should change that topic name! lol

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 27, 2005 04:29PM
o well it sucks BIG TIME i don't know what else to do everythin is setup except for this crappy games control setup lol i have 4 other driving games i use this wheel for and they all work wonders , i just don't know why after setup one of the either the gas or brakes pedel i go to the to the other i thinks that the 2 pedels are the same button so i'm configuring them with 1 button. :(
Re: Help for a noob with a steering setup issues
Date: August 28, 2005 09:25AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
umm for gp4 i have to run combined pedals... which is just the same.... you got a tick the thingy in the control panel

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: August 28, 2005 11:59AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
When you select the axis in the pull down menu, you then get taken to a claibration screen where it tells you to press the accelerator or brake etc. Press it, and then make sure that the axis that moves is selected by clicking in the little circle next to it - then do the same for the other pedal, and all should be fine :)

And if this doesn't work, have you got the patch? It sorts out some controller issue like this I think.

Date: August 28, 2005 01:14PM
NOPE THIS IS HAS GOTTEN SERIOUS THE XRY axis are the samefor both Accelertaing and Braking which means the computer is trying to use the brake and gas pedel for only 1 pedel which is impossible resulting in either you only use the XRY axis for accerlating or only braking and i went into my control pannel and went onto game controlers and there is no button which says makethe pedels seperate :(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy