ati are funny arent they?

Posted by ayazyounis 
ati are funny arent they?
Date: June 20, 2003 08:33AM
Posted by: ayazyounis
they have on their website that the they dont recommend installing the latest drivers as long as your currentones are fine? i thought the whole point of new drivers was improved performance aswell as fix bugs aka nvidia.
Re: ati are funny arent they?
Date: June 20, 2003 08:39AM
Posted by: Madman271
New driver might solving and fixing some bugs, but also might bringing another bugs.

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: June 20, 2003 08:41AM
Posted by: ayazyounis
side point: as i have got a wicked computer now (athlon 2600+, radeeon 9200se with 256mb onboard memory, 1024mb ram, dvd writer) can someone tell me which files i need to delete in cars.wad in order to have the highest texture if you know what i mean the best textures?
Date: June 20, 2003 09:02AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

low res files

eg.

ferrari_1.tex etc

only cars though or any file you find with hi_ infront of it delete the ones without the hi_ in front like my above sample

Also for carshapes

Copy the lod_0 files and make them 1 2 3 4 respectivly for each car and team this gives you best carshape at all distances...

Date: June 20, 2003 09:06AM
Posted by: Madman271
Please do not delete any files in cars.wad except you know what you do. By default, car has 256x256 dimension for highest textures. If you want expand to higher dimension, use any replacement carshapes or patches. You may also considered to create by your own as well, using wad tools and .tex file editor.

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy