HELP!

Posted by khizerk 
HELP!
Date: July 17, 2005 10:24PM
Posted by: khizerk
i downloaded one of the cars by Nicola Acciarri, the ferrari_china 2004...but when i installed it the shape of the car appears fine in the game but the colour of the whole car in the game is white..do i need to install any of the patches..plz help me out.Thanks
Re: HELP!
Date: July 17, 2005 10:43PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Delete your graphic config file and the save game files. THat normally does the trick!

If not, was it a self-installer or did you do you have to put in the files manually? The car shape isn't finding the textures, so if you've renamed them, change them back. And make sure that they're in the right place. But if it's a self installer, that shouldn't have happened.

Date: July 19, 2005 09:43AM
i put it in manually...i used the wadinserter, GP4Master and CarsetCreater and tried what u said but the car still appears white..i tried the monza version too
Date: July 19, 2005 10:33AM
Well you've done something wrong then! :) Firstly, have you got the texture qulaity on high? Most cars now normally need that.

If you have, just use wad updater, no need for the rest. Instert the car shape files, and then put the textures in one by one. If you try and put them in together, I've found it frequently doesn't do it properly. Then delete the files again (you have to delete them everytime you've updated to wad - normally I update, then go into game and if it's messed up, delete them and then restart). Make sure you've read the readme. It might want you to change the texture names.

It should work if you do all that.

Date: July 20, 2005 01:50PM
atlast its done!!! :), thanks man...i wanna ask u one more thing..using the steering the car looses control much too often especially over the kerbs..what should i do?.
Date: July 20, 2005 01:58PM
Posted by: Willb
Try a little more rear wing on your car setup. Also try turning traction control on (use the F7 key)

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: July 20, 2005 04:28PM
Car set-up may be a factor, but not generally. You need to increase the steering help and maybe increase the speed sensitivity help. Also adjust the top otption in the steering section of the controls (can't remember what it's called :-o ). But, if you are using physics made by vizu (which also come in the 2005 mod), you have to use his set-ups as a base, else you'll always spin off!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy