question for lo2k about disappearing polygons

Posted by Caelen 
question for lo2k about disappearing polygons
Date: June 19, 2003 06:57PM
Posted by: Caelen
i first noticed this when editing cockpit shapes, when the polygons get too close to the "camera" the become invivible, ie with the cockpit shape you have to stretch the cockpit sides out to a unrealistic angle otherwise they disappear in game.
whilst playing with your camera editor, i noticed this happens too, ive been playing with the t-cam and putting it into a position that resembles the cockpit view, but half of the car is now invisible, now ill get to the point, when using cameditor it displays these polygons as invisible just like gp4 does, so obviously you know why this happens.
is it possible to alter the distance at which these polygons disappear, or is that what the details section of camedit is all about ?
Re: question for lo2k about disappearing polygons
Date: June 19, 2003 07:46PM
Posted by: Madman271
That's what we called near clipping. On most GP4 camera settings, the near clipping is 0.4000. Unfortunately, this value shouldn't edited 'coz also used for another calculation.

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: June 19, 2003 10:53PM
Posted by: Caelen
ok thanks, thats that then.
Date: June 20, 2003 04:48AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Well, yes, i found them too and it seems i was able (at least once) to see more of the carshape with a displaced t-cam in game than with original settings (original near clipping).
Anyhow I havn't seen any bad side effect, do you know what it disturbs too, Madman ?

Date: June 20, 2003 09:19AM
Posted by: Morbid
Bump!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy