Strange request :D

Posted by Daniel Knott 
Strange request :D
Date: July 10, 2005 07:02PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
Could someone send me the original .tex files from the patched version for villeneurve, panis and yoong? The 2004 mod seems to ahve overwritten them, even though I told it to back up gp4 so I am confused as to why this has happened?

Well I could only see the offending updated helmet files in the cars forlder, so I thought maybe that deleting them would work, as if there was a file there then it was used instead of the original and therefore if I deleted it it would use the oringal ones again :) <-- I was wrong. Turns out there was mistakes with these helmets in the original game, so they were updates of the original ones.

So basically, could anybody that has the original still installed for whatever reason, or has the original when not loaded another with CSM send me the helemt files please that will be in your cars folder called "driver so and so" There should be 6 in total for 3 drivers. I don't want to risk reinstalling the patch you see, which would fix it but also mess up a lot of other stuff that I can't remember how to get back :S

Cheers, Daniel.

Also, if anyone knows how I can make sure CSM makes sure this doesn't happen again (ie backs up my gp4 properly) that would be much appreciated too :) )

H E L L O
Re: Strange request :D
Date: July 10, 2005 10:32PM
Anyone?

H E L L O
Date: July 10, 2005 10:53PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
files which you need are

driver1_1.tex
driver1_2.tex
driver9_1.tex
driver9_2.tex
driver10_1.tex
driver10_2.tex
driver21_1.tex
driver21-2.tex

goto the File --> Recovery.... and then select these files and any others to backup! :P
Date: July 10, 2005 11:03PM
I assume this is in CSM? I will try. Thank you for advice. I just wonder why it didn't make them original again when I deactivated the 2004 mod? :S

H E L L O
Date: July 10, 2005 11:09PM
Ah I see, that is to select the files to back up. So I should have done this before hand. Hmm okay.

So, does anyone have the files they can send to me?

Also, in general, which files should I select to back up, as atm I have no idea. Maybe I should try to learn more about gp4 and editing :D

H E L L O
Date: July 10, 2005 11:17PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
these are the one i back up

gp4.exe
f1gstate.sav
gp4tweak.bin
f1graphic.cfg
gpaedia file
cars.wad
anim.wad
the files in my previous post.
Date: July 10, 2005 11:23PM
Okay, thank you.

Yes, I know those are the names of the files that I need, but that is my problem, I didn't know to back them up and they got overwritten by the 2004 mod and so now when I try to play gp4 default I get some messed up helmets. I could try reinstalling the patch but this could make things worse with all other stuff I have done and can't remember and would require a lot of faffing around.

Alternatively, if someoene knew how I could open .cab files then I could easily get the files I want from the patch :)

Thanks for trying to help so far MM :)

H E L L O
Date: July 11, 2005 02:22AM
Okay, this is really annoying me now. Can someone please help me.

Out of desperation I tried to copy my GP4 folder to a new location, then installed the patch again and then copy the new folder back. In therory shold have worked... However: Copying the gp4 folder to a new folder took about 5 years. Then when I tried to apply the patch, it said "GP4 is already patched". Look, I mean I have tried to even do it myself, what more can I do?!?!? This isn't laziness - it is acutally refusing to install the patch :S!!!!!

It is only 6 .tex files, not even big ones at that, just shitty little miniscule original helmet textures. If someone could send I would be very greatful.

H E L L O
Date: July 11, 2005 01:27PM
Nobody?

H E L L O
Date: July 11, 2005 04:07PM
Okay scrap that, I now have them back. I found .tmp files in my CSM back up folder - of the helmets. For some strange unknown reason, that stupid thing did not restore them again when I click restore?? Why is this? It restored the oytther stuff

Anyway, I copied them over to the caqrs folder and changed the extiontion back to .tex so it should work :)

Can someone expalin why CSM didn't restore them in the first place, even though it had access to them?

H E L L O
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy