differential settings

Posted by Caelen 
differential settings
Date: June 19, 2003 03:06AM
Posted by: Caelen
now that we can alter the diff settings on the fly with gpx patch ive only just started playing with them . is there anyone who can give a simple explanation as to what all the different settings will do for me ?
Re: differential settings
Date: June 19, 2003 01:11PM
Posted by: mercedes
I donĀ“t have gpx-patch installed, is there more options to fiddle with than those in car-setup? Anyway, the differential allows the driving wheels to rotate with different speeds when turning because the outer wheel has a longer way to travel.

Differential lock prevents this, more or less, depending on the setting. Gain is more traction. Too much lock gives understeer. As I understood it there is two ways to sensor the need of diff-lock, "engine torque" and "difference in shaft speed".

For me it works best as follows:

Under acceleration = Use more "engine torque" than "difference in shaft speed". Gives better acceleration out of turns, less wheel spin.

Under decelaration = Use more "difference in shaft speed", less "engine torque". Gives better control under straight braking, can brake later with less wheel locking.

Rgds,

Date: June 19, 2003 03:06PM
thanks for that it at least a starting point, its really the difference between the engine torque and difference in shaft speed that have me shagged the settings under each seem to make sense.
with the new gpx patch you are able to alter diff settings whilst you drive, along with brake balance.
Date: June 19, 2003 03:11PM
if anyone interested i just found this at gpxpatch forum which gives a fairly good explanation.
[www.1ka.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy