an idea for a tweak

Posted by mckey415 
an idea for a tweak
Date: May 30, 2005 06:57AM
Posted by: mckey415
when you hit the wall (especially in monaco) the wheels fly off, but suspension rods are still in place, which is not realistic. remember ralf's crash in qualifying this year. to crash the suspension the crash have to be very heavy! so is it possible to could create a tweak so the suspension would crash more easily?

then we may go further in our advanced damage model. we may devide suspension rods in parts and one would be suspension objects itself, and another part we may assign to the cockpit so when you hit the wall only part of suspension would fly off...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F1 A.D.: 1993-1996 - Future in the past
[f1ad.narod.ru]

1994 Mod Official Website
[grandprixx.com]
Re: an idea for a tweak
Date: May 30, 2005 10:10AM
Posted by: fongu
increase the damage coefficient using gp4tweaker, its a lot more fun when you have a more advanced damage model ;-)

Maybe being able to change the strength of certain objects coming off would be nice, i remember doing it in GP3 when randomly rear wings would come off at high speeds!

Date: May 30, 2005 11:44AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Changing things like that would be very hard. If it was possible, it'd hit the performance too because you'd have to create a new object. About 2 years ago there was a discussion on how to get body deformantion, and it was possible in theory through making several layers on the car. But that would mean like having 3 cars for every one ie effectively 66 cars on the grid. That'd hit the FPS/PO hard!

Date: May 30, 2005 12:31PM
Posted by: b-tone
what about making the suspension part of the wheel?

____
Tony

Date: May 30, 2005 12:37PM
Posted by: Marclaren
wouldnt it then rotate with the wheel?

Date: May 30, 2005 12:39PM
Posted by: Button14
yes it would

Date: May 30, 2005 12:43PM
Posted by: Marclaren
wow i got something right about gp4

Date: May 30, 2005 12:48PM
not with 2d 'rotate via tex' wheels, right?

____
Tony

Date: May 30, 2005 12:54PM
Posted by: mckey415
but suspensions might be different from car to car, and the wheel model is only one!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F1 A.D.: 1993-1996 - Future in the past
[f1ad.narod.ru]

1994 Mod Official Website
[grandprixx.com]
Date: May 30, 2005 12:58PM
didn't one of jon's gp4genius's have damge editing?

otherwise try experimenting with car_arrows_car1_lod_o.iht.
it has co-ords for all objects which may define the actual position of them. they are all 0,0,0 by default i think

what about the debris from a crash - theres some little grey bits which fly off in a crash

____
Tony

Date: May 30, 2005 02:09PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Those little bits are just 2d things, nothing you can do to edit them I think. You could try John's editor, but I didn't think you could add new breakable bits.

What we really want is teathers, so that the suspension can break off but the wheel stay on. That would be impossible though without editing the game engine itslef, which you need the source code to do.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy