TeamBPR Sound Update v3.1

Posted by TeamBPR 
TeamBPR Sound Update v3.1
Date: May 03, 2005 06:49PM
Posted by: TeamBPR
Hi :)

v3 of my Sound Update has been updated slightly to include a more realistic sound mainly from TV Cam. The pitch has been increased to take into account the higher RPMs seen in the last year or so. There are also small changes to gear change sounds, etc. I believe it's a better package if you use recent season updates.

You can download from my website, which is:

www.teambpr.com

It is also available at GP4Italia.org

Enjoy!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2005 06:49PM by TeamBPR.
Re: TeamBPR Sound Update v3.1
Date: May 03, 2005 07:11PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
great to here :) you have the best sound pack!
Date: May 03, 2005 08:03PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
just installed the update,the external sounds are perfect but im getting hardly any sound from onboard cams..its just low and muffled..any ideas?
Date: May 03, 2005 08:18PM
Posted by: ZXR-7R
me too- sounds like I have my helmut on and earplugs in lol
Date: May 03, 2005 08:20PM
thought my ears had popped for a second then:)
Date: May 04, 2005 01:36AM
Hi Guys

Lol thank you Maestro! :)

It's probably your volume settings, as of course - the sound pack wasn't made to include rubbish muffled sounds haha :)

Read the Readme and it will say the recommended settings for the volumes. Or if you want a quick fix:

Turn Windows WAVE AND MASTER VOLUME to about 70%
Turn EFFECTS VOLUME in GP4 to 65%
Turn ENGINE VOLUME in GP4 to 70% and OTHER VOLUMES to about the same or less.

The reason for you muffled sound is probably because the samples have a hi amplitude, although they may not sound loud volume wise to you, they are powerful spunds. If your volumes are too high you get distortion and lose purity of sound. You notice this especially with EAX turned on. Personally I do not use EAX for this reason - I use Hardware Enhanced 2D sound ONLY.

Hope that helps, and thanks for the interest
Date: May 04, 2005 01:44AM
Posted by: e_shumi
the best soundsssssssssssssssssss

I'm happy whit this soundssssssssssssssss
Date: May 04, 2005 02:06AM
tried that already,still sounds muffled..,i,ll just keep my original onboard sounds with the new external ones which sound great by the way:)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2005 02:10AM by lee1971.
Date: May 04, 2005 02:59AM
Posted by: Briere
yeh Bazzy, I'm getting the very same problem. But I think I know how to solve it :D
Date: May 04, 2005 02:39PM
Hey Mate
And what do you believe the problem is Math?
It's difficult for me to guess because it sounds perfect on my PC and on the other friend's PC I use to test stuff...
It's not a problem with the actual sound files because then it would be the same for everyone...!

I believe it is to do with volumes, but perhaps volumes set inside the sound files which are harder for you to change yourself. One solution would be for me to edit the package and lower the magnitude of all sounds.

Don't forget however - the sound from onboard is very different to TV Cam anyway, this was deliberate, as if you watch the TV you notice that you dont get the same range of sound from On Board as you do from TV Cam. However, the On Board sound should not be much quieter than the TV Cam sounds, just you will notice it is a more deep, less sharp effect that the TV Cam sounds, which are very clear.

Share the solution with us Math..! :)

BTW Thanx Lee - glad you like the TV Cam ones :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2005 02:40PM by TeamBPR.
Date: May 04, 2005 03:05PM
Posted by: jpmfan
ive downloaded and installed the soundpack aswell. and have the same weird onboard sounds and others have said, however i noticed the two cameras that are infront and behind the car, that there is no car sound at all from those cameras. is there something i can do to change this?
Date: May 04, 2005 03:59PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
These sounds are really great Baz! You've really brought the best out of GP4's system with these :D I personally love the muffled touch in the cockpit :) not gonna hear much with those earphones and other crap in your ears ;)

Keep up the good work anyway!

@JPMFan, try disabling 3D sound.... that normally sorts weird onboard cam problems....

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: May 04, 2005 04:43PM
Posted by: jpmfan
I never have 3d sound enabled and i still dont get any sound when behind the car or infront. love the track side camera sounds though.
Date: May 04, 2005 04:59PM
Posted by: Briere
I *fink* that the problem is in the \EngineData\Preset1_Cockpit\engine.txt file

But I dont know what would cause it =| I remember though that I used to have the same problem with gp4sound.com's pack (v1.5) and if I used the v1.4 engine data, everything was back to normal =S
Date: May 04, 2005 06:57PM
JPM Fan if you read my website and the ReadMe you would find the answer!!

There is an update to download IF YOU WANT TO HEAR SOUND FROM CHASE AND LEAD CAM!!!!! IT'S ON THE WEBSITE!!

I don't have sound from these cameras because I use a Heli Cam so you can't hear the sound from it..!!

Thanks Ian - as a fellow sound man, it appears you know what I was trying to achieve! Also the microphones on the on board cameras are more basic I think than the TV Cam ones so they don't pick up the sound like TV Cam does - you get this kind of muffled, quite bassy sound. And of course the sound is MUCH louder from outside the cars e.g. TV Cam than it is from in/on the car as you said!

Haha thanks Math - if there's a data issue, yeh that's where it will be lol but it could be in the Samples themselves, in the amplitude of the noise, because there are so many different hardware / software combinations you always get some people who have trouble, because the machine used to create differs from that of the users...! :( I will send you a new ENGINE.TXT to test Math, and you can let us know if it fixes the problem please? :)

But remind me - are you saying the sound is QUIET? Or not there at all? From T-Cam/Onboard? If it is quiet, how much more quiet than TV-Cam is it?

Just read the information people - it's all there... I said on the website and in the Readme that these sounds are close to real life as possible! Of course I cannot sit on the T-Cam in real life, so I have to use the TV T-Cam noise for that! :) lol
Date: May 04, 2005 08:15PM
Briere said
------------
I *fink* that the problem is in the \EngineData\Preset1_Cockpit\engine.txt file

But I dont know what would cause it =| I remember though that I used to have the same problem with gp4sound.com's pack (v1.5) and if I used the v1.4 engine data, everything was back to normal =S
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i used sound pack 1.5,i compared it to the new update and the onboard wav sound is actually different from the 1.5 version,the only way to get the sound back in the tcam is to replace the onboard wav sound which is what i did and it works fine with the new external sounds....
Date: May 26, 2005 05:02PM
Posted by: Willb
Hi, I really love the External downshift sounds, How can i mix these with Gp4 Sounds sounds, I love gp4 sound's incar/onboard sounds and there swingman camera engine sounds but I love the Team BPR Backfire sounds! Also when is the Team BPR Start_backfire sound uses i head it in sample editor and it sounds awsome!.

Thanks

Willb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy