Car Modifications

Posted by tis 
Car Modifications
Date: June 17, 2003 01:34AM
Posted by: tis
Hi there,

I'm in the process of working on a new car but I have a question that I would hope someone could help me with. I have made a sidepod for the left hand side of the car and I want to make a perfect reflection for the right hand side. It would save a lot of hassle on doing the right hand side from scratch also. I've been messing aroung with Zmodeler with some wierd results. Could someone give me an idiots guide to doing this if possible. I searched the forum and found nothing so excuse me if it was brought up before.

Thanks guys

Remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
Re: Car Modifications
Date: June 17, 2003 02:06AM
Posted by: gpxcartworld
Ok tis. All you have to do is:
1- reset axis position with the "reset axis" tool
2- copy the "left sidepod" layer as "right sidepod" after deleting the original one
3- remember to reposition the new layer in the same position as the original "right sidepod" layer
4- mirror the sidepod with the "mirror" tool
5- then reorient the layer with the "reorient" tool
6- mirror the mappings (if you have already done them)
7- enjoy your new right sidepod perfectly identical to the left one ;)

Date: June 17, 2003 06:18AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
My problem is i dont know how to create a car - i really gotta do more stuff for gp4

Date: June 17, 2003 06:23AM
Posted by: gpxcartworld
It's simple: pick a point, move it... and the job is done ;)
But joking apart, it's not so difficult. Try tweaking a bit on Zmodeler, and you'll see that is not so difficult...

Date: June 17, 2003 05:09PM
Posted by: tis
Thanks,
it worked perfectly. You are the man!

Remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy