Updating 2005 mod

Posted by Lee 
Updating 2005 mod
Date: May 13, 2005 10:18PM
Posted by: Lee
I have updated my 'everyday' GP4 folder with the 2005 mod using CSM & have made it permanent.

I am now trying to update the external steering wheel & install the new McLaren by Enjojz but without any success.

I have update the standard GP4 folder many times with very few problems but this has me beaten. At one point I deleted the cars wad by mistake but GP4 ran as normal!

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to run my choice of cars etc.?

Look forward to any replies.
Re: Updating 2005 mod
Date: May 13, 2005 10:21PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
how did gp4 run without a cars wad..
Date: May 13, 2005 10:21PM
Posted by: b-tone
you shouldnt make it permanent.
reistall the mod and get the imola/barcelona update tomoro.
theres a couple of ways to make it load faster without mking it permanent

____
Tony

Date: May 13, 2005 10:41PM
Posted by: Lee
to lee1971:

I havn't a clue, I was hoping you could tell me! Odd thing though, using Eayswad 3 I deleted all the McLaren files in the cars wad before inserting the new ones but the old McLaren still appears in game. I just don't understand why. My GPSAVES folder is empty. It was over 200mb before I made mod permanent. Where did it all go?

to b-tone:

Fantastic work but despite reading your 18 page instructions several times I can't work out how to insert new cars, external steering wheels etc. I did manage, after several hours, to insert my favourite internal steering wheel but it was far more luck than judgement!

Still, looking forward to your next update tomorrow. Thanks for all your efforts in keeping things up to date & retaining mine & many others interest in this great sim of ours.

Date: May 13, 2005 11:12PM
Posted by: EMO_24
your gpxpdata folder has some things to change. open gpxtrack.ini and change the track specific cars wad to the cars wad you want to use. the 2005 mod uses 2005_melbourne.wad as its cars wad. you can also change the anim wad. open gpxset.ini and change the text files you wish to use. Hope this helps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy