Passing Backmarkers Suggestions

Posted by mick_schumacher 
Passing Backmarkers Suggestions
Date: April 25, 2005 04:14PM
Posted by: mick_schumacher
What's the best way to overtake a backmarker? Sometimes they tend to give you the racing line sometimes they don't. Is it track dependent ?

Suggestions please.

THANKS

Mick
Re: Passing Backmarkers Suggestions
Date: April 25, 2005 04:18PM
Posted by: F1Master
You have to be ruthless with them, otherwise they will really slow you down. You will invariably get past them much better than the computer controlled oppsition you are racing will, they make a real meal of getting past them, especially on tight and twisty tracks.

Thats when you can also catch them if your behind.

WilliamsF1 Supporters

AMD Athlon64 3400, 512mb Corsair XMS3200LL memory, Asus K8V Deluxe mobo, Powercolor Radeon X800 Pro VIVO, 160G Maxtor HD, Soundblaster Audigy, Windows XP SP2.
Date: April 25, 2005 04:20PM
Most of the time they end my races and it becomes really frustrating when you are playing at the highest level in the game cause fractions count during pitstops. They are "VIRTUAL IDIOTS".
Date: April 25, 2005 05:22PM
Posted by: kimirgj
being aggressive is a good thing to do but sometimes that costs you more time. it is best to just slow a little during the in field section and catch them on the straight. that way u gain speed down the straight getting into the slip stream. Doing this u lose 0.5 sec instead of 1.5 secs. :) :) :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2005 05:32PM by kimirgj.
Date: April 25, 2005 06:14PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
I pass them at any corner on any track, slipstream them, then don't brake until you see them brake, and they will brake early :)

Date: April 25, 2005 06:15PM
Posted by: Muks_C
there is no intelligence programmed for backmarkers it seems. instead of moving off the racing line, they just normally stay there, and make you go around them!!

and if you slightly nudge them in a slow corner, they slam on their brakes so you have to 'demolition derby' your way past them.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: April 25, 2005 06:17PM
Posted by: keiran
i have no problem with backmarkers :S usually they let me past or I will just get in the slip stream and pass them that way.

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: April 25, 2005 06:46PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Just ride them off the track and put your middle finger up héhé
Date: April 25, 2005 06:50PM
Date: April 25, 2005 06:57PM
Posted by: Muks_C
from the 'Felipe Massa School of Motoring'.

after all, he was just trying to impress DC. Massa watched the 2000 Magy-Cours race, and was asking DC if he's doing it correctly.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: April 25, 2005 07:00PM
A question for people using GP4 Tweaker. If drive-thru penalty is enabled for cutting the corners excessively how can we comly to it ?
Date: April 25, 2005 07:06PM
i suppose you could press enter to go into the pits then when you enter pits press enter again and there will be no pit crew :) :) :)

Date: April 25, 2005 07:10PM
What I do is that I press "enter" to go into pits then just before my teams's pit area I give full opposite lock away from the pit crew and the car just keeps on moving ahead instead of going towards the pit crew.
Date: April 25, 2005 07:44PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
I just ram the bastards off the track. :)

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: April 25, 2005 07:48PM
Ha Ha !

Hey Iceman don't forget its those bastards who change the tyres and refuel your car during a pitstop.

Date: April 25, 2005 08:22PM
Posted by: harjinator
he meant the backmarkers I think... I do that too. Tis amazing what a little nudge can do...

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: April 25, 2005 08:53PM
Posted by: chet
do a sato ;)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 25, 2005 09:33PM
Posted by: sasjag
i dont have this problem, since usually i AM a backmarker lol

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: April 25, 2005 10:35PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
personally i just wait to a straight and slip stream them but if its a quick backmarker for example Coulthard misplaced...then i try to outbrake them.
Date: April 26, 2005 12:31AM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
I have to say, I never have a problem overtaking any cars, let alone the backmarkers. I generally set my car up with slightly more wing, meaning I exit corners faster than CC cars. Works a treat :) Also, you can break so much later, e.g. for Adelaide at France, the CC cars break 50 metres before me.

[Website]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy