motogp: sense of speed

Posted by raztahz 
motogp: sense of speed
Date: June 15, 2003 12:59AM
Posted by: raztahz

ello raztahz here...

"long time. no see.."

i've recently purchased "motogp 3" on PS2(originally for PC)

having a break with the four wheeled Gp4, i've tried two wheels instead.
remarkably, having no experience in two wheels...i quickly adapted to the two wheeled physics of grandprix bikes.

this is where i was suprised, having gone down the back straight of monza
(to see the differences in track layouts of Moto and Gp4). clocking 280
km/h after the variante acari corner... i soon realised the true sense of this game. having used the driver cockpit view for pure realism (mind you that
motogp has copied the inside helmet view from gp4) >:( ... the faster i went
the more objects appeared to be uncleared, the more i felt anxious of
fast speeds and the vunerablity to crash and spin out.

this was true racing, in fact the best racing experience i ever got from a
simulator besides racing my formula ford at oran park.

the sense of speed and the feeling of pushing some Gs was truly worth playing. (especially on the start line scrambling to the first corner...boy that was a screemer!!!) the more speed i gain the more my controller viberated the more the screen became blurred, it was like warp speed! or something else???

only if this was incorperated into gp4 or maybe ea's f12x series it will sure win some fans.

anyway this doesn't mean i turned my back from Gp4.... but if you eva been down a rollercoaster, you know what i mean...

Re: motogp: sense of speed
Date: June 15, 2003 05:16AM
Posted by: genesis
THis was in (at least) the console versions of F1 2002, where if you got into a car's slipstream everything appeared blury as your car gained the extra speed.

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: June 15, 2003 08:07AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
It blurs well in TOCA Race Driver.

The best sense of speed I've got from a game is in Rally Championship. It puts all the other games to shame! 80MPH in that game looks faster than 200MPH in GP4 or F1 2002. It's incredible. You want to keep breaking becasue you look to be going to fast to stay on the track. In a Championship it's nerve wracking becasue just 1 mistake and thats the championship gone, but you look soooooo fast, you want to break and be safe!

Date: June 15, 2003 10:10AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
psst...!!! it's *cough* Variante Ascari, my friend ;)
hehe, i kinda agree with you raztahz, got that feeling back when i'm playing MotoGP for PC
F12002 has it too, dunno bout other games, haven't tried them yet

Post Edited (06-15-03 17:28)

Date: June 15, 2003 03:07PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Would be nice also to have on GP 4 or 5..... a little bit of shaking on the F1 cockpit, just like we see on the races when the car accelerates after a turn or on the start. That + the little blurry would be amazing!!!

Guilherme
Date: June 15, 2003 04:01PM
Posted by: six degrees
and the wind noise in cockpit view.... or rather the noise the air makes when you are travelling at 200mph + through it :P

Date: June 15, 2003 05:37PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Yeah. good point. I've played it on PC and it's a scream. You def get good "visuals" as opposed to "graphics" but hey, "IT'S STILL NOT GP4 BABY".
There Ain't nothing like this game for a feeling of really being part of something. It'd be great to have that visual feeling coupled with all the good things that GP4's got. I think one day, not too far off, we'll get it.
Do you remember "Nightdriver" on the old Atari. Or some of those silly driving games on the Sinclair. Thing's move on and always get better.
Be patient guys. Save your pennies and let's see what the Studios and Hardware boys are flogging two or three years away.
Should be fun!

....................I quite like this now.
Date: June 16, 2003 09:28AM
Posted by: renyf1
- would like to hear crowd noise ... read where drivers say that they could hear the crowds cheering them on

- pit radio sound volume would be related to ur current rpm

regarding the visual aspects of motogp....i've noticed that also with the EA's SuperBike series....they always seem to be a blast to drive compared to the gp series...the sense of speed, the shadows from the trees @ monza, etc
Date: June 16, 2003 09:33AM
Posted by: villej
Rally Trophy is most realistic racing game ever! When you play it you feel speed!

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: June 17, 2003 05:58AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Gp4 has a sense of control over the car, i quite often fell through sound the car sliding around
Nice affect
really scares you sometimes

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy