Over-revving!

Posted by Go Alesi 
Over-revving!
Date: March 18, 2005 10:33PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
I've been playing around with some physics a bit, and found that many of the cars were reaching the same top speeds because they maxed out there. So I increased the rev limit, and this solved that problem. But now it sounds like the cars are over-revving in every gear before they change up. Not a problem, but it kjust sounds bit rubbish. Is there a way to change that with the final-drive ratio or something?

thanks

Re: Over-revving!
Date: March 18, 2005 11:00PM
I got hold of the help file for the physics editor, and despite changing the final drive ration up and down, all it does is make them hit top speed sooner, no matter which way I put it!

Date: March 18, 2005 11:53PM
Posted by: Briere
you must change either the sounds themselves, or the data in the engine.txt file ;-)
Date: March 19, 2005 01:11PM
What values do I need to change then?

Date: March 19, 2005 07:43PM
Posted by: Briere
ask Ian Woollam ;-)
Date: March 19, 2005 10:09PM
Posted by: ColdBlood
Just play with the editor; I bet you will find idle values.

Race with no fear! - Gilles Villeneuve

Date: March 19, 2005 11:01PM
Posted by: Caelen
why not use the cc setup editor and change the gear ratios, for my 2004 set thats what i did, just bump up 6th gear by a couple of nothches etc.
Date: March 20, 2005 09:44AM
That's what I tried, but it doesn't work with the patched version

Date: March 20, 2005 10:40AM
Posted by: Caelen
cc setup deitor works fine for me with patched version,
you could edit the magic data directly.
Date: March 20, 2005 11:17AM
Too lazy to spend ages doing that. Anyway, i've now managed to sort the final drive out, so I can paly with the RPM that doesn't make them sound like they're over-reving and they don't max out on the striaghts until the end.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy