@Ellis: Cockpit Transparent Textures

Posted by Madman271 
Re: @Ellis: Cockpit Transparent Textures
Date: June 19, 2003 10:14AM
Posted by: shutt1e
@madman

it's true, i disassembled a lot the gp4 exe searching reference to the numbers of cars and it occours many and many times, so i thinked it was impossible

later i noted one thing, if you select many drivers (5,6,10 of them) then in the options menu you choose "show only player cars" and set hot seat to 1 you have only the selected drivers in race.
if you choose 20 drivers you have only 20 drivers in race (qualifying is a different story)
the side effect of this is that you need to drive not only one car but after some laps you control another car. if you can block this drive swap you succeed. (I.E. hot seat setting to 0 i think)

the screenshot is from the alfa 147 championship mod currently in development by me and some other guys at gp4italia.gpx.it

bye
Date: June 19, 2003 11:12AM
Posted by: Madman271
the side effect of this is that you need to drive not only one car but after some laps you control another car. if you can block this drive swap you succeed.

Do you mean in hot-seat mode? Do we need to restrict hot-seat mode so user unable to race for more than 1 player?

Post Edited (06-19-03 18:59)

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: June 19, 2003 02:40PM
Posted by: shutt1e
madman271 says:
Do you mean in hot-seat mode? Do we need to restrict hot-seat mode so user unable to race for more than 1 player?

sure. try yourself, i've not spent lot of time with this but it can be a way...

choose 5 drivers
go to options "race options"
player cars only "yes"
and set hot seat turns to less possible (1)

then start a race, you only have 5 cars, you drive the first and aftes some laps the hot seat mode force you to drive another car.

if we can (with gpxpatch) disable hot seat mode at all, may be we can choose how many cars are in game from the driver selection menu

this can be a first step, next is:what car i can drive? with this method you can only drive the n1 ferrari but i have no idea how to solve this.

bye
Date: June 19, 2003 02:48PM
Posted by: b-tone
this idea was round a while ago.
choose 'n' cars, show players cars only, and set the changeover time to infinity. and make it possible to choose which 'player' goes first.

would be good if you sus it out.
(and then figure how to get MORE than 22 cars please ;) )

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy