A Query? :)

Posted by Mini Maestro 
A Query? :)
Date: February 10, 2005 10:21PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
Why is it that people generally have an abundance of replies for when a Formula 1 Car is being released and also for a "fantasy" car being painted yet when people post screenies of the previews of the cars from their mods there are next to no replies. I take for example the "Williams FW27" Thread by YohanFGP where there were 81 replies - no fault of his own - yet for the almost inch perfect 1991 Brabham by Tis and the Formula Renault Beta release there are only 17 and 7 replies respectively.
Personally i believe their work is of such a higher quality yet they do not generate replies of praise,criticism or even nitpicking ;)
I am not starting upon any specific members i just wish to know why this happens. :)
Re: A Query? :)
Date: February 10, 2005 10:25PM
Posted by: six degrees
*shrugs*

I wouldn't mind knowing tho :p
Date: February 10, 2005 10:27PM
Posted by: Button14
i think its because people love the new cars that are being released more than that of the older years of f1 racing, but i could be wrong and im sure its nothin to do with modelling quality

Date: February 10, 2005 10:29PM
Posted by: gpxcartworld
Well, I dunno why this happens, I've always wandered why... ;)

Date: February 10, 2005 10:32PM
Posted by: <Maverick>
why would the number of replies say anything about the quality of the car? a bit shortsighted imho, i dont reply to most topics about new cars/track/etc, does that mean i don't apreciate them? i love them, but what's the use in telling everybody who made a car; "great job, love it..." i dont see the use of that, and besides that, not all replies in the fw27 topic are about the actual car..

Date: February 10, 2005 11:54PM
Posted by: b-tone
i guess it just reflects the general mood of this place. seems to be more 'car racing game' fans than 'f1 re-enactment' fans.
thats just how it is - cant force people to do things.

why would the number of replies say anything about the quality of the car?

and thats true. i often dont post when all i can add is 'nice car'

but it is something thats gotten to me before :z

____
Tony

Date: February 11, 2005 12:08AM
Posted by: _Erix_
It depends on who is making the car and how soon the off-topic stuff kicks in (and for how long). You know that when Yohan starts a thread it will have 4 pages of replies in two days, just like with Viper/Enzo and Wai. But when Schroeder or Tis show their work it's just the 'incrowd' that responds.
I also think Tony has a point, you can't always say 'nice work, dude'. It's not about the quality of the work, it's about the quality of the replies.
The off-topic stuff goes on way too long at these fora. That's what bothers me most but that is not what this topic is about ;-)

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: February 11, 2005 11:45AM
Posted by: Max Downforce
There are "gangs" of people who cheer at eachother's work. No harm in that but the replies and reactions aren't objective that way. And why should they?

I used to get heaps of replies and a lot of them were to criticise the car lol ;) it depends on how much interaction there is in the replies. If you discuss aspects of a car that is far more interesting then just a "OMG what a fantastic car" reply. Taste is a highly subjective matter.

People have different reasons to show their work. They can be proud of it. They can provoke reaction. They can be show-offs. They can be insecure whether to continue a project, lots of reasons. Then there are people who reply who can have different reasons to reply. So it's pretty complex human interaction lol. But we all enjoy seeing new stuff.

So to conclude my speech. Amounts of replies and views don't say f*ck! ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Date: February 11, 2005 01:39PM
Posted by: intweb
It's nothing to do with Author, it's the car that's being released.

I released the FW26 Upgrades and got lots of posts, then I posted some betas of the 97 arrows and considerably less.

Contempory stuff will always be more popular than older stuff it seems.

Steve.
Date: February 11, 2005 02:39PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
I don't use anything other than current cars, that's my excuse but yes some of the work is incredible of past seasons gone by.
Date: February 11, 2005 07:07PM
Posted by: chet
thats a thought..........what happend to your arrows??

i really liked it!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 11, 2005 11:30PM
Posted by: Xero
I don't think people are being disrespectful in any way. I think a large portion of the forum members are only interested in, or more eager to see, this seasons F1 cars.

But then, I don't see anything wrong with giving authors a pat in the back, even if it is only a few words and is repeated by others. I do it all the time!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy