GP4 MASTER

Posted by Tazio 
GP4 MASTER
Date: June 12, 2003 07:36PM
Posted by: Tazio
Gentlemen;

Can someone please explain the following error message:

F1GSTATE.SAV not found. Try to execute GP4 and save your configuration when exiting the game. This will create F1GSTATE.SAV

I can see the above named file in my gp4 folder, but I guess I'm still doing something wrong!!

Thanks for any and all help,

Tazio
Re: GP4 MASTER
Date: June 12, 2003 08:46PM
Posted by: Morbid
What procedure gives you this error, have you always had it, and if not, what do you change before you started getting it?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 13, 2003 06:02AM
Posted by: tux
"What procedure gives you this error"

loading it ;)

you need to start gp4 and when you exit, tick te box what says save game state

Date: June 15, 2003 03:20PM
Gentlemen;

Can someone please explain the following error message:

F1GSTATE.SAV not found. Try to execute GP4 and save your configuration when exiting the game. This will create F1GSTATE.SAV

You ask, what am i doing when this happens;I
'm trying to set the path for gp4 master. I've just reloaded the game, haven't loaded any patches yet, so, I was wondering, before I load gp4 master, should I load any of the gpx patches?

Thanks Again,

Tazio
Date: June 15, 2003 03:22PM
"F1GSTATE.SAV not found. Try to execute GP4 and save your configuration when exiting the game. This will create F1GSTATE.SAV"

what that means is this.

f1gstate.sav wasnt in teh gp4 folder. start gp4 and save the game state when exiting the game. that will create the f1gstate.sav

:)

Date: June 15, 2003 04:51PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
What Jon means is:

You have to start gp4 before you try to use gp4 master at first time.

Starting gp4 and exiting the game will build the file f1gstate.sav.

After the file is in gp4 mainfolder you can start gp4 master and the other tools.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: June 15, 2003 05:22PM
Date: June 15, 2003 08:35PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
can see the above named file in my gp4 folder, but I guess I'm still doing something wrong!!

thats what he said in his original post you know....

Date: June 16, 2003 03:08AM
oh, i didnt see that bit ;)

any chance ure using the gp4 patch?

Date: June 16, 2003 03:19AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

Dumass

the patch shouldnt affect f1gstate.sav not for gp4master should it?

Date: June 16, 2003 03:52AM
yes, gp4master cant work with a patched gp4

Date: June 16, 2003 06:16PM
As per the last message from dUmAsS, he says, gp4 master won't work with the gpx patch.

I got frustrated and reloaded the game, downloaded gp4 master and I'm getting ready to try to use it with the UNPACTHED game, if that's the best solution. I'm sure that will be a learning experience in itself! So, a couple of minutes ago I go the gpgames home page and I see the following note:

GP4: Using "Old" Editors With Patched GP4 9.6
You can still edit the GRAPHICS of your patched GP4 game vers. 1.02 (a.k.a. patch 9.6) with GP4Master:
Rename the old 1.0 decrypted gp4.exe to "gp4_old.exe" and copy the renamed file into your main GP4 directory. Next time GP4Master starts, point it to your new file "gp4_old.exe". As said, this way you can only edit the GFX of the game. If you try to edit names, performances, etc. it might crash your game.

Has anyone done this, and does it work? Does it mater which folder gp4 master is in? I ask the last question because previously I wasn't able to set the path that gp4 master required to operate. Of course, this could be because I didn't follow the above procedure correctly; wouldn't be the first time!!

I made the mistake of going to Viper's site and looking at all the GREAT cars he's drawn, and I won't rest until I can get them into my game!

Again, thanks to all of you guys for your help.

Tazio
Date: June 16, 2003 08:51PM
Posted by: dave
You should just download the GP4 Util Patcher by Reinier Tetteroo and patch GPMaster with it. Then it will work with the patched GP4.

Date: June 17, 2003 05:35AM
Thanks for the tip, dave. I found Tetteroo's util patcher. But, the note says;

This tool patches GP4s utilities that refuse to work with the patched GP4.exe. NOTE: THIS PROGRAM DOES NOT UPDATE ANY FUNCTIONS OF OLD EDITORS, so for example importing team/driver data in GP4Master, etc. won't work properly!!! This patch will always be beta, because it's never guarenteed that it will work on every util. Link to author's homepage.

Does this mean I'll only be able to use gp4 master to import cars only? And that I will need another util/editor to import team/driver data? If so, can you recommend one?

Thanks again,

Tazio
Date: June 17, 2003 05:52AM
yes. erm, either total gp4 or something else for the performance. are there any patch supporting editors out there :s

Date: June 17, 2003 11:37AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Heh guys ! For who do you think i work for ? :)

All my tools are compliant with both GP4 version and i built a tool to edit team driver datas long ago when Jon announced that CSC4 will be delayed...so you can get this tool named TeamEditor on my site clicking on my sig pic below.

Hope you will finally find what you are searching :)

Post Edited (06-17-03 18:40)

Date: June 17, 2003 01:27PM
Lo2k, thanks for the tip. I went to your site and read the discription for the TeamEditor on your site and it says it's a performance editor. And (not hard) this has me confused. Maybe I should just ask in a more simple way, how to do the things I want to do.

First, what I want to do is get the right drivers in the right cars, using a file like, "2002 Liveries", which is part of the "Best Downloads" section on the main of the grandprixgamers.org website. I am under the impression that gp4 Master is a car/carset editor ONLY. Please correct me if this is not true. And, can someone tell me the difference between gp4 Master, and Carset Creator. Does one do something the other doesn't? Is one good for cars/carsets, and the other good for things like team art, livery, or performance editing. And, is there an editor that does all these things? I'm just trying to get my game as close to current as possible. Also, is there any advantage in using the no cd patch, other than not having to use the cd?

And last, are the editors and patches in the, "Best Downloads" section the most current version? I ask this because I looked at the "New Downloads" section the other day and took the link to;

Jun 14, 2003 - Editors / Utilities:
GPxPatch by ReneSmith,

and it looked like the same version I downloaded a while back. I have recently reloaded the game, and at this point it doesn't have any patches or editors. What I want to avoid is ending up with a lot of files in my game folder that I don't need, or can't use, or don't know how to use, or all of the above.

Again, I thank you guys for all your patience, and your help!

Tazio
Date: June 17, 2003 07:55PM
I'm a little closer. I tried to import from gp4 to gp master and got the following error message:

EXACT ERROR MESSAGE:
Cannot open file C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\GP4.EXE

ERROR ADDRESS (DEZ / HEX):
4309098 / 0x0041C06A

ERROR ADDRESS - BASE (DEZ / HEX):
110698 / 0x0001B06A

APPLICATION VERSION:

APPLICATION PATH:
C:\PROGRAM FILES\INFOGRAMES\GRAND PRIX 4\

FILENAME:
Classes

FUNCTION:
TFileStream.Create

LINE NUMBER:
Between
raise EFOpenError.CreateResFmt(@SFOpenError, [FileName]);
and
end;

Well, a little closer, but obviously not much! If this means anything to any of you guys, please let me know.

Thanks again,

Tazio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy